Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team Fortress
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:13 am 

oinky wrote:
A rather interesting gameplay situation has happened, where the only survivors on both teams were captains. This time they were lucky and managed to get to each other. But in other circumstances this might really turn into a draw, since there aren't many good ways for captains to move around without the help of engineers. Something needs to be done with this issue. Either by declaring a draw like in chess, or giving captains some additional movement tools.

Regarding oinky's Suggestion
Great point oinky, and this brings back idea of giving Captain a fast walk tool that only works on himself. Like I said earlier, it could create fun, risky offensive strategy in this game, but the draw idea from oinky should still be used either way.
;)

Zed's Idea of Going Beyond Just 1v1
About Zed's quote, "You can also play 1v1v1 or 1v1v1v1 etc but it needs modified maps (more SpawnPoints)", someone or Zed himself should make a modified version of same map that allows 2v2. This could make game especially more fun and varied. (I'm already imagining fun strategy that could happen if played in 2v2.)
:mrgreen:
oinky also pointed out to me that it would be better if all four worms shouldn't spawn at the same point. It's kind of make it tedious to set up the position at the beginning of game due to that. (It could also fix the silly 110 hp problem as well btw.) Modifying and creating different version of map is something this game needs the most for now. (Spawn, FFA, 2v2 for map as summary.)
:lol: :!:

Regarding Switching Worm
Zed should also allow select worm at start of turn to ease control of this game. (The hard part is, taking that glitch that comes with this function.)
:)

Lastly
Keep up with the excellent work Zed. I'm already looking forward to see how this scheme's going to improve. Don't forget your scheme is a real gem, and POPULARITY DOES NOT REFLECT HOW GOOD THE GAME IS as this game deserves far more attention. After all, last thing I want to see from this project is this scheme being abandoned and forgotten.
8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 pm 

Yeah, this scheme is one of a kind. All it needs is balance.
And speaking of balance, I find Disruptor pretty overpowered. It can slow down game for both sides and cause some serious camping issues. I think it should not be permanent and only last for couple of turns to prevent game stagnation.
Maybe it should also have less health, so that a sneaky engineer could make a sabotage and take it out with a revolver. 40hp is too much for engineer to handle and snipers usually don't go that far into enemy territory.

I attached a replay to illustrate my complaints.

Attachments:
Evil Disruptor.zip [1.38 MiB]
Downloaded 496 times
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:21 pm 

Let's see... 20-30hp with 3 or more turn durations would do for the Disrupter I'll say.
;)

Teleporter and Pad Glitches
For another useful suggestion, I've noticed putting Teleporter in maps could ease the worm positioning of this game as I've played Twicken's nice mod map with Teleporter. Regarding how the Teleporter works, it should work like a elevator as oinky suggested to me. (Twicken's mod map is pretty much what oinky wants, so check his mod map Zed.) Placing teleporter at mid map and around spawn points are good idea, and teleporter should not be used as a shortcut from base to mid part of map and/nor base to another base. This could also balance the classes out, as only engineers got too much flexibility on where to be on the map currently.
:)
Hover and Jump Pads are nice, but it's still glitchy. (either of them) Putting something over Hover Pad crashes the game (rare though), and Jump Pad doesn't always work which ends up ending the turn from fall damage good number of times. Those two also cost too time turn time to create good positionings, meaning teleporter on maps could stop possible over usage of these.
:!:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 am 

Last edited by Twicken on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am 

Oh and one more thing...
I would like to see Oil Drums pre-placed. When set on random, they very often appear in the spawn area, giving that team a considerable disadvantage at the start.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:18 pm 
Betatester

Twicken put ur maps in archive pls, they are ruining my screen :D

About JumpPad: There is the little timer, about 2/3 of the second. After jump pad worked on worm, timer starts ticking, and u cant get another jump boost until timer runs out. If you want to be sure that jp will work, u need to wait about 2/3 of second before jump.

Glitch: post replay with freeze bug pls (with pads). I think its only hoverpad's problem, maybe i need to remove it from the game (it can cause blocking also).

I've added timer for disruptor and little timer before Sentry starts to work (1st post). You can remove barrels through ingame scheme editor. You can also use MapEditor to add SpawnPoints for 1v1v1v1 (just add new points and save the map).

use steam coz im too lazy to log into icq and skype

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 am 

i wold post the replay zed, however the replay themselves became corruped and dont play correctly. the glitch completely crashed the game, causing the replays to be out of whack. the glitch occurs when you do one of the following. place a turret or distrupter on a hover pad, if you place a jump pad on a hover pad, if you place a turret or distrupter on a jumpad, if you place a jump pad on a turret, if you place a turret on a turret. and theres probably more combinations lol. but yeah it is an annoying glitch, and ruins the game in the middle of a very fun one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 pm 
Betatester

I tried to make this glitch but no success lol

Attachments:
Noglitch.rar [821.88 KiB]
Downloaded 510 times

use steam coz im too lazy to log into icq and skype
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:36 pm 

Is this still being worked on?
I was sketching and writing a similar idea when I came up with this.
I have not tried this, but I will this weekend.
Sounds awesome! Many thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:11 pm 

This scheme is indeed awsome, i might host a few matches soon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next