Project X Forums

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help and some questions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 pm 

Hello everyone!

I´m new to scripting and that stuff but have been enjoying w:a for a long time now. I am really happy that there is project x around! However, I have some questions:

How do I create a new weapon table in the scheme editor?

Why are there so many variables named "Unknown"?

How can I "merge" the normal weapon table with any additional ones to have all the weaps on one table?

Hope someone can help me! :)

Best wishes,
OldWorm

Post subject: Re: Help and some questions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 am 
Betatester

"How do I create a new weapon table in the scheme editor?"

Press Copy button. It will copy weapon table, and the copy will appear in the falling list.

"Why are there so many variables named "Unknown"?"

Maybe you mean fields? That means that noone yet discovered what they do, so you can be first :D

"How can I "merge" the normal weapon table with any additional ones to have all the weaps on one table?"

You can only add weapons one by one:
If there are the lib with new weapon, you can use pxschemeed to include that lib to a pxscheme you need, then proceed to WeapTable editor, select a weapon, mark "Use from library", select library, select weapon and voila!
If you want to add weapons from just another weapon table (step's weapons for example) you can use "Copy" and "Paste" buttons in weap table editor.

Attachments:
example.png
example.png [ 37.72 KiB | Viewed 6762 times ]

use steam coz im too lazy to log into icq and skype
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:31 pm 

this should probably be moved to the scheme section of the forum.

Im new to PX and new to this board (1st post), but i will share with you what i have learned from fumbling around in the scheme editor. i might be wrong about some of this but i did create a scheme successfully. i give permission for anyone to copy and modify this post for a mini tutorial, etc.

1) Select a W:A scheme as basis for your PX scheme: start with a standard W:A scheme. edit it however you see fit using standard scheme editing tools (the editor in W:A or schemeddy etc.). keep in mind that later you can either edit/replace weapons in the first weapon table or create a second table and edit that one (switch between tables in game by pressing the + key).

2) Create a new PX Scheme: open the PX scheme editor. click "file > new" to create a fresh PX scheme. now click "WA Scheme > set" and select your standard scheme you edited earlier. this will load all of those settings into the PX scheme. under VARIOUS OPTIONS i disable "Allow WA scheme to tweak power". this seems to mess stuff up.

3) Decide how many tables to use: now that you are ready to edit your PX scheme you should decide if you want to add a new table or just edit the existing one. since most schemes dont use the entire table anyway i prefer to edit the existing table. to create a second (or 3rd, 4th, ect.) table press the copy button. you will now notice there are two tables in the drop down list. you can now edit either table as you see fit. you can always add more tables later.

4) editing weapons: select the table you want to work with from the drop down list and press the edit button. this will bring up a list of all the weapons on that table and display various attributes. you can play around with their settings to get desired effects.

A word) on other peoples work: I dont know how the PX community views or handles the usage of peoples custom sprites or libraries. i just copy weapons from this other guys fullwormage scheme which is full of other peoples work and no one has complained viewtopic.php?f=12&t=372 (mods: if im wrong in any way edit this post accordingly please, i mean no ill will.)

5) adding existing weapons: download that scheme i just linked to. this scheme has most of the new weapons people have created and their libraries all set up and ready to go. place the contents of the zip file in the appropriate folders in your W:A install (libraries in the libraries folder, ect.). Now open a second instance of the PX scheme editor and open that fullwormage scheme. you should now have your scheme and the fullwormage scheme open next to each other. you will notice there are "copy" and "paste" buttons on the bottom of the table/weapon editing screen. you can copy weapons from one table and paste them onto another table, even across different instances of PX scheme editor. so select the weapon you want to copy from the fullwormage scheme and past it over a weapon from your scheme. when you save it should work just like it did in the fullwormage scheme. Edit as you see fit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:20 pm 

Thanks for ur answers, guys! :mrgreen:

That came as a surprise that there are buttons yet unknown to mankind... ;)

Btw, I noticed that W:A can only manipulate the ammo in a certain standard weapon, if the checkbox in that scheme editor named "count" is unchecked, otherwise you can edit the ammo of that specific weap via the scheme editor. :)

I´m working on a digging bazooka thing like that one u have in Wormux. I made a launcher launching a projectile with "bounce" action that "explodes into clusters". these clusters are digging. Then in the digging parameters, on the left there are 3 variables, "unknown" "unknown" and "digging sound". The first two dont seem to change anything, I copied the "digging sound" from the mole bomb (six thousand sth) and realized that my digging cluster is moving like a mole! how do I make it go straight?? -.- any ideas?

Second problem I have is that I wanna use Smoke Grenades in my new scheme (downloaded them somewhere... I forgot...). So I activated the "smoke" library which contains all that smoke stuff and copied + pasted the weapon completely from that lib into my weapons table, but the outcome is a normal grenade...?

OldWorm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:12 pm 
Betatester

I dont know about the 1st problem (except hardcore coding decision), but im pretty sure u need to include three libs for smoke grenades - smoke.pxl, utils.pxl and particles.pxl (coz utils and particles required in the code). Then you can add the weapon through "Use from lib" section

use steam coz im too lazy to log into icq and skype