Project X Forums

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: IDEAS for future Libraries. Best will be done.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 am 

Atr0x wrote:
PyroMan wrote:

About variable wind. change wind all the time (every frame) is WILD tho. So i can make variable wind that randomly change its value every... 7 second.

YESSSS...it very nice....

but i think we can make random change (with number from 2 to 20 seconds) instead every 7 second ?

lol :D

AND THIS?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am 

well its less complicated, forsure.
I will think about. maybe do smth)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 am 

Alright. Making wind change randomly not every 7 second, but random from 2 to 20 was much easier then i tho. Its done already.
Working on weather effects :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 am 

Random weather effects would be epic! And the more snow falls, the more slippery the terrain gets? That would be Awesome!!

I'll just drop my ideas for the randomization:

- Maybe the max number could be the Turn time?

or

- Would it be possible to set min and max in the Weapons editor, use some field like 'Unknown' (top right in weapon editor), or other unused field to set the minimum, and maximum could still be the Turn time?

I don't know how hard it is to implement this, but i'm just thinking what would be the easiest to customize from player's point of view.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am 

PyroMan wrote:
Alright. Making wind change randomly not every 7 second, but random from 2 to 20 was much easier then i tho. Its done already.
Working on weather effects :)

Fantastic.....vvnjob...it with (if will make) variable weather is for me the best
:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 pm 

Alright, guys. Variable weather is... WORKING!
but. I have a problem with loading sounds. way too hard for me to make them play sounds what i need with volume that i need.
solution is: play some more general weather sound. or.. do not play any additional sounds at all.

Btw. I had another idea while making this. I can try to make some Lightnings at random spots, when raining around. Probability to hit somewhere is pretty low. But if hit - it will be epic :) Or.. i think i can make random shots by choosing random object from existing (including worms and graves for resurrection!). That will be more like lightning behaviour and even dead players will get chance to play back again), coz it hits mostly smth that is object, mostly made from metal.
Or.. we can even set priority: Missiles (like magnets, they will charge again), Mines, OilDrums, Crates and only then (if no more those stuff) - worms and graves. Missiles, Mines are mostly "metallic", than OilDrums and so on. This will add some interesting point to the game - stay away from that stuff and stay closer to even uncharged magnets, becouse if rain will start - lightnings can work around.

Also.. let`s say it`s raining and i want that lightning would hit some of worms (maybe my team) - then i will explode all oilDrums, mines and will watch how lightning will make my team more healthy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 pm 

-raffie- wrote:
Random weather effects would be epic! And the more snow falls, the more slippery the terrain gets? That would be Awesome!!

I'll just drop my ideas for the randomization:

- Maybe the max number could be the Turn time?

or

- Would it be possible to set min and max in the Weapons editor, use some field like 'Unknown' (top right in weapon editor), or other unused field to set the minimum, and maximum could still be the Turn time?

I don't know how hard it is to implement this, but i'm just thinking what would be the easiest to customize from player's point of view.

I can`t override PxSchemeEditor`s values. If i could perhabs read somehow those values in script - they could work like you wrote. But i don`t think i have access to them.

Btw.. turn time as max number i found not really realistic. My library adds slippery turn by turn, adding not that big values. But. Full power slippery effect will shown at 16th turn and all next.
So increasement is: 0-16.
This allows to finish games faster, i think. As long you play, as slippery ground becomes. As more slippery ground - as more chances for easy knocks and fast death.
That`s the point i`ve been operating while scripting that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 pm 

There we go! Variable Weather:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=561

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 am 

DarkLord had an idea to have a Roller Magnet

sounds pretty fucking awesome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 am 

doing a gunfires with paint that marks the worm removing too 30 power ... useful to discover the invisible worms and mark them with paint for three or four rounds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next