Project X Forums

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: IDEAS for future Libraries. Best will be done.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 am 

I have an interesting idea. Would this be possible to make?

Name: Carrier Pigeon

Purpose: flies a worm from one place to another.

It would work by launching it like a normal homing pigeon, but when you launch it the pigeon picks up your worm and flies away homing in on where you clicked, carrying the worm. You can press space during the flight to drop the worm the same way you deactivate a jet pack. If the pigeon hits something while flying it drops the worm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 pm 

Slugachu wrote:
I have an interesting idea. Would this be possible to make?

Name: Carrier Pigeon

Purpose: flies a worm from one place to another.

It would work by launching it like a normal homing pigeon, but when you launch it the pigeon picks up your worm and flies away homing in on where you clicked, carrying the worm. You can press space during the flight to drop the worm the same way you deactivate a jet pack. If the pigeon hits something while flying it drops the worm.

of course it's possible. I may give it a try ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:01 pm 

Hi all!!!

Portal Gun:
well, i got a crazy idea! Is possibile to do a thing like open a permament teleport/gate, that simple move every thing pass inside to one place to another (like the game Portal)???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplcxpHIXBU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am 

talon wrote:
Hi all!!!

Portal Gun:
well, i got a crazy idea! Is possibile to do a thing like open a permament teleport/gate, that simple move every thing pass inside to one place to another (like the game Portal)???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplcxpHIXBU

actually I was thinking about it :) and maybe at some point I will do it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 pm 

Portal gun was implemented in Hedgewars some time ago, so you could check it out for an inspiration. As a weapon it's doing pretty well there, even has its own (relatively popular) gamemode. One of the things that makes HW portal gun dynamic and fun is the ability to aim and shoot in mid air. I know its possible in WA as well, with some additional modules.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:38 am 

lol. hedgewars. that game irritates me with its pink characters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm 

i have to admit though, hedgewars's Highlander scheme is pretty interesting. all "hogs" start with different weapons, and when hog kills another, that hog gains all the killed hogs weapons. its actually a very fun scheme, would be cool if someone could code it for px

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 pm 

I got some weapons ideas, the first one is good I think, the other one okay I guess. I don't know if it's worth to post but I'm gonna do it anyway. :P

Big red button

Imagine the following situation; a crate, a weapon, health or utility, falls right next to your enemy. It’s your turn but you cannot get any near the crate to steal it from your enemy. Well suffer no more! I got a solution. It’s called the big red button. The magic button doesn’t make you catch the crate however, no it’s quite the opposite. The big red button works as follows;

Select 1: You enter space, your worm presses the red button and all the crates on the map will explode. Lots of crates near your enemy? Make them explode!

Select 2: Use the mouse to select the crate you want to destroy, your worm presses the magic button and it goes boom. You can only destroy one per turn.

OR

Select 2: Use tab to select a crate you want to destroy, your worm presses the magic button and it goes boom. You can only destroy one per turn.

This is a sabotage weapon. It’s useful for denying your enemies crates. Or you can use it to damage enemy worms. Of course this weapon should be rather rare, except if you don’t want any crates at all…

Butterfly bombs

This is a aerial weapon, that works like the real WW2 weapon. A aircraft moves over and releases a few bombs, which falls slowly, affecting by the wind, to the ground, exploding only when a worm comes in contact with it. But hey they do not look at all like the real weapon? No, they look somewhat like real butterflies. Guess that’s normal to worms!

This weapon is great for denying enemies ground, but it could do the same to you. They work like mines but explode immediately, but do much less damage, about 5-15. Lots of enemies at the same place? Drop some butterfly bombs to deny them movement. Or you could just destroy the concept of this weapon and use it to damage worms…

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 pm 

ok I had an idea and well, why not post it here.

I dont know how technically hard it is but basically you make a worm move just like your active one. What triggers it? could be an infinite amount of thing, but I think something like tazer or gun/longbow should do just fine, or even just cursor.

behavior: if your active worm is stopped by an object, the other worm still goes. the affected worm doesnt use items, only walk and jumps.
lenght of effect: one turn, infinite, fuel, seconds, I dont know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:31 pm 

its possible to control the non-going worms. but they have restrictions (cant use weapons and chute), however if you make that worm start his turn, he will gain control and a jumping arrow up his head, waiting for orders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next