Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sprite Builder (!!!) (R)EVOLUTION + Video Tutorial
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 pm 

One more tip for you, Twicken, about Bulldozer. I think you can make epic double animation of bulldozer weapon:
set Params->animate = true; + in bulldozer weapon editor choose animation type "Track Movement" against "Cycle". It gonna rotate your bulldozer according to his movement trajectory + will also run animation of your sprite.
Try it and you will get what i mean :)

Probably you would need rotate your bulldozer 90 degree when using TrackMovement (im not sure about). If so - simply add parameter Params->rotation = 0.5; for your bullet. In this case bullet is a bulldozer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 pm 

hhmm, i see! thanks for the info, im gonna do a bit more tweaking soon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:29 pm 

sorry i forgot to answer about replay.

// after 10 mins reading pxlog.txt
I have watched on pxlog.txt and saw your animations scripts (after watching the replay). What i`ve noticed - is that you are using TOO SIMPLE variables for your sprites.
this will couse problems, for sure. Some other weaps (from my pack of from curtis pack, where he use a ton of csprites) may use say simple names.
Try to name your variables as more individual, as possible.

I have commented sample script to add perhabs "_bullet" and "_aiming" to your variables. This will perhabs separate them as animation variables.
you are using such simple var names as SR (for sniper riffle) or HHH for hellish hand grenade.
I would HIGHLY recommend use at least SR_aiming (better use sniper_rifle_aiming) kind of names.

You need to type that long name once, then simply copy and paste necessary parts of names, just like i do on my tutorial video.

I am pretty sure thats the main problem and once you do like i recommend - all will work just as it should.

I am also pretty sure main problem occured after configuring "SR" variable. Becouse this is too simple variable and change that some other script can use it - pretty high. And if other scripts had this variable as some numeric variable (or even boolean or string), and if that value is far from 1-600 - game will try to load not existing sprite and this will couse worm to disappear.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:27 am 

ahhh, of course. that makes perfect sense. ill change my variables now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 am 

hmm, ive changed all my variables, i added _variableness after all of them. i still get the sprite issue. i also renamed all the scripts to a larger name, that didnt help either. im seeing strange things happening with bees and bulldozer, so i think they might be the cause, it could be to do with the aiming sprites having more than 1 frame maybe?

ill test it out

Edit: doesnt seem to change anything when messing with the sprites.

but i have found out that the issue is the pushbldzr script. if i delete it the game works fine, however the bulldozer wont push :|

any suggestions? ive tried changing all the variables in that script too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 am 

hmmm interesting.

I will try to make animate bulldozer here, on my pc, and send you working result (if it will work).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 pm 

Hm. It worked for me with first try :)
http://www.ex.ua/view_storage/743840278323

But while setting it, i understood what kind of mistake could happen. Its about frame numbers. Notice that as default CSprite variables loads YOUR_WEAP_aiming.png with one frame. But if you using animated sprited, you need set there number of frames, for sure.

anyway you can check that lib and find out what was wrong.

Also i have noticed that for animated bullets i forgot to add horizontal flip of the sprite if it goes left. This will be fixed with next SpriteBuilder update. That feature will be applied automatically.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 pm 

i probably should have mentioned that the bulldozer works fine in a scheme with no other libraries, however my problem only occurs in highlander strategic. i tried your lib, and i get the same result.

i believe the push script is messing something up, somehow, because when i delete it the sprite issue no longer occurs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 pm 

it seems even if i delete the sprite builder script out of the bulldozer library, the error still occurs. this leads me to think that its definitely the push script or a required script. ive looked at it all, but of course i couldnt find a part of the code where it said BROKEN (im a noob)

any ideaz?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm 

well i can`t say anything, untill i can`t see what libs are you using and what scheme.
I have opened your HL 1.9.1 and found that Checkbox for Bulldozer "Count: 0" is inactive. highlander library requires to be ckecken ON, though.

If that won`t help - send me please libs you are testing, so i could see whats wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next