Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Map Editor update?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 am 

Hi everyone.

I really like projectX. Its so cool, that i even start making maps. Becouse projectX allows us to make smth unbelievable before - real. Almost all my maps - only for PX mode. And i rly loved px ropeRace. To make this kind of px maps, i need application called Med.
Med is usefull simple program, allows us to make worms armageddon more interesting and cool. But. While making some maps, when trying to involve some new ideas i stick to a difficulties, connected with this program. I do really need some simple functions to make work a lil easier and faster. And, ofc, more accurate.
I believe the following functions would be usefull and helpfull, not only for me, but for all px map makers:

1) Zoom in/out ability. Usefull thing to place objects in correct place with more accuracy. My maps ideas rly need 1 pixel accuracy! i`m wasting tons of time to allign objects and place them in correct place.
2) Ability to copy group of objects. Its good, that Med have ability to select group of objects. But it also would be cool to copy them all!
3) Hotkey allignment while moving objects. I often allign objects in a row. But without this function, i have to waste a lot of time to place them at correct place. Would be very nice and usefull to move ojects stright horizontally/vertically/diagonally simply by holding shift button. I really need it!
4) Moving objects by arrows. Now function of arrows - scroll up/down/left/right. I found it useless. Because movement is so slow, that this moving becomes annoying and time-wasting. Would be extremely nice to move objects to 1pixel with Arrow keys and 10pixels by pressing Arrow keys and holding shift.
5) Undo function. no comments required.

Is it hard to make? I believe not. But its very usefull and helpfull! I dont know who made Med, but ANYONE who understand programming, plz do it. I NEED IT! I need it to make more awesome maps! I have many ideas for map making, partically px rr, but it stops me when i know that its annoying to make them without simple functions!

Thanks.