Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi! Some doubts here
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:05 pm 

So, I installed project X here in my PC with Windows 10, and the menu is VERY laggy. Also, the bunker buster crashes the game. However, in my netbook with windows 7, it works perfect. Any solution?
Also, how can I add new weapons and utilities to the game? Whenever I try it gets me an error message when I get to the game menu. Help. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Hi! Some doubts here
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:56 am 

Kind of lost here too my friend. I find the tutorials not helpful enough. I managed to add weapons and some additional custom stuff, but I am having some problems with them.
I can give you some instructions, just send me a PM if you don't mind to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:46 pm 

What issues are you having?

Lucky you can get yours working on Windows 10, my mate just gets a white or black screen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 pm 

worminater wrote:
What issues are you having?

Lucky you can get yours working on Windows 10, my mate just gets a white or black screen.

So, whenever I get to the menu in the image, as you can see, the settings bars are white, and if I open any of them, their content is also white (although you can select them). Also, whenever I try to change the map the screen gets white, so I have to right click and select it. Ingame, there are no problems (besides from the bunker buster). Keep in mind that all these problems don't happen when Project X is installed, when I use the installer that reituz made. So, is it because of the patch change or beacuse of Project X?
About the new weapons, whenever I try to add, for example, "Weapons & Utilities Inventory by rafa``2", it gets me the error in the other image. Can anyone help me? :(

Attachments:
Test2.png
Test2.png [ 7.79 KiB | Viewed 15780 times ]
Test.png
Test.png [ 46.87 KiB | Viewed 15780 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:24 am 

Dunno how to fix problems. Probably due to some bad libs. If I were you I'd make a second installation of W:A with PX, and add libs carefully, and delete any that break the game. I am a complete noob with PX so I could be entirely wrong.

Here's a working KamikazeRocket.pxl file at least. Extract to your Libs folder and overwrite.

Attachments:
kamikazerocket.zip [55.14 KiB]
Downloaded 543 times
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:19 am 

These errors appear when the scheme has required libs that are missing in your /Libs folder. You can check if certain libs are missing by opening the scheme in the editor and clicking the 'Libraries' button. For every missing lib a popup will appear.
On top of this, certain libs have dependencies on other libs, which are harder to find out. Like, the kamikaze rocket requires these 2 libs to function: utils.pxl and stepsutils.pxl. Check if you have them, if not go here and download them: http://worms.am/hl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:49 pm 

-raffie- wrote:
These errors appear when the scheme has required libs that are missing in your /Libs folder. You can check if certain libs are missing by opening the scheme in the editor and clicking the 'Libraries' button. For every missing lib a popup will appear.
On top of this, certain libs have dependencies on other libs, which are harder to find out. Like, the kamikaze rocket requires these 2 libs to function: utils.pxl and stepsutils.pxl. Check if you have them, if not go here and download them: http://worms.am/hl.

So, that solved my problem with the kamikaze rocket, so thanks!. But, now that you tell me that you need that so it can work, how do I know which libraries I need for a certain weapon to work? In the error it doesn't seem to say it and the page you suggested (very useful) it gives you the download links, but not what you need.
Also, how do I know the incompatibilities between each weapon?
PS: I'm sorry for so many questions. I'm a noob at this. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:23 pm 

In case someone has the same problem as me, I already solved it. I found a WormKit module called "wkWndMode.dll", which basically opens the game in a Window at the top right screen. For some reason, that solved my problem with the menu in Windows 10 (weird, right?). I suppose it also works in Windows 8 and 8.1 (though I haven't tried it).
Also, about the Bunker Buster, I went to the Bug Report topic and found a solution (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=455).
I finally finished the schemes I wanted to do. Thanks for your help! :D

Attachments:
File comment: The fix, if anyone wants it.
wkWndMode.zip [362.08 KiB]
Downloaded 553 times
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 pm 

Akira896 wrote:
In case someone has the same problem as me, I already solved it. I found a WormKit module called "wkWndMode.dll", which basically opens the game in a Window at the top right screen. For some reason, that solved my problem with the menu in Windows 10 (weird, right?). I suppose it also works in Windows 8 and 8.1 (though I haven't tried it).
Also, about the Bunker Buster, I went to the Bug Report topic and found a solution (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=455).
I finally finished the schemes I wanted to do. Thanks for your help! :D

Oh, I forgot to say that you need the "MadCHook.dll" file (you can get it on google) for the fix to work. And, I have another problem... so, the Kamikaze Rocket (AGAIN) overwrites the original Kamikaze sprite. Is there any way to fix it and for them to be separated??? Sorry for all this... :oops: