Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Teleporting Grenade?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:07 am 

Hey guys, I am new to the forum.

Wondering if it is possible to script a new "golf ball" weapon that will teleport you where it comes to rest. A helpful direction to get me started would be wonderful as this is only one of my ideas.

Such details of this grenade "golf ball" would be as follows:
    Thrown weapon
    Does no damage
    Only bounces off of terrain
    No explosive bias
    On "explosion" teleport worm to 3 units above where it "exploded"
    [Edit] Affected by wind

A sprite could very easily be made for this also (starting the work on it now, research time :)). It would not necessarily have to be a golf ball would it?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it mods if you so please.

[Quick Edit] This, of course, would be used for golf maps. Or a rather interesting variation of the teleport weapon.

[A Few Hours Later] Okay. I have the transparent gif to use for the sprite now just need a start on the coding.

Post subject: Re: Teleporting Grenade?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 pm 
Betatester

Hm... As I undersrood, you throw smth, then if it reaches a worms it teleports him to the place you want? Or I missed smth in your explanation? If so, it's very easy: you look at the missile's coords, if the distance between any of worm and this missile is, for instance, less than 20px, you teleport (change worm's coords) to the coords you need. That's all. If you are not good at scripting (btw are you a new testeR of 0.8.0?) I can help you with it, or even do it. IF SMTH DOESN'T MATCH WITH YOUR EXPLANATION, WRITE HEAR WHAT I MISSED
And give the link of gif to me please

Post subject: Re: Teleporting Grenade?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:29 pm 

To answer questions in order they were asked:

Think of it as the game of golf, the worms are trying to reach a point and are in artillery mode, they use the grenade to move.
It is not as it reaches another worm as much as it would be to teleport the worm to the resting place of the grenade after the "fuse" delay expires.

No I am not a beta tester of 0.8.0 guess I could go and say something in that forum, and I am new to scripting for PX. I have looked at the PXSchemeEditor and seen several of the hooks to check for certain events but did not see a way to run code on an explosion.

The current gif fills a 60x60 image with 8 rotational degrees, only the corners being transparent to make it round. As such I am not sure if it is sized right.

Does this need to be smaller or just fill less space? I would like it to be the size of the clustlet sprite overall.
Currently working on another one as we speak that is just a recolor of the clustlet.