Project X Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: help with schemes/libs/ + please!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:41 pm 

hi all, im new here :mrgreen:

1-i know 0 about editing or modding worms, but i tried to use some schemes like kilburn's weapons, twick weaps, etc. and they work OK. the problem i have is im supposed to be able to change between "grids?" using +, but i press it and nothing happens. so i cant change the weapon tables :(

2- i would like to make custom weapon tables, i mean: having the "basic" weapons in one, and some of the custom weps found here in another(mixing weps from some different packs i have seen) , but its too complicated for me to do so... if someone could link me a detailed tutorial to do it, it would be great.

thanks in advance and excuse my bad english :D

Post subject: Re: help with schemes/libs/ + please!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:49 pm 

press + to switch weapon tables.
to make a weapon table in px scheme editor, press "Copy" in main menu and it will be created.
if your keyboard is not american, then find a key which switches weapon tables in your country.
on normal keyboards it is next to baskspace (near the 9, 0 and minus).
if a scheme doesn't have multiple weapon tables, they will not be switched

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:55 pm 

it happened now, i pressed "+" and it changed... but only one time. after i tried it again with other scheme and failed :////
i will try to find this key, ty for your response friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:11 pm 

Ok, touching the editor a bit i think im getting some idea about how it works... i found how to change between weapon tables, ty steps

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 pm 

Now i have another doubt: i want to make a big second wep table with all the cool custom weapons of this web, for example using the "base" scheme of steps, add to it some weapons that i like from other packs/schemes
for example, i tried to put the "Twick_Weaps"' fiery grenade into another scheme using the buttons "COPY" and "PASTE" from the editor and overwritting a random weapon, but ingame its only the "normal" weapon with a different name.
how can i do it? ty in advance :D !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 am 

make sure you have the libraries checked off as well.....

Last edited by Curtis on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 am 

i have problems activating all the libs, when i want to load the scheme it gives error with some libraries (some of them from the px080 file..)

and Curtis, in the library window i cant see specific weapons, just things like "Step's weapons" or "(__thicks_weapons_)" etc

e/ for example: i want to use the "stepweaps" as the base scheme. then i want to add one weapon from the scheme called "(_Thicks_weaps_)"
what i do is, i go to the thicks weaps scheme with the editor, click the "edit "button to go to the weapon table settings, then i select (i.e.) the fiery grenade, and click the button COPY. then i load the scheme stepweaps, go to the 2nd table (where the freak weapons are) and i select the trollface one that i dont like, and click "PASTE" to overwrite this face weapon by the fiery grenade. i save it, go ingame and nothing happens, the trollface bazooka is still here :/ (in the library list i have checked stepsweap and thicks weapons, i cant mark them all because its a errorstorm if i do so)

please, tell me what im doing wrong guys!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 pm 

The main libs page wont show you weps, just the names of libs...the weps are "inside" them........useing from library will allow you to see everything within the LIB and there you will find Fiery Grenade or whatever your wanting...

Last edited by Curtis on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 pm 

thank you very much curtis, i think i finally got it, at least with some libs

but i still have a big problem... the weapons i like more are some of the kilburns' , like the bowling ball etc but it seems the files are corrupted or something because when i load a schemen with these libraries enabled i got errors like "PXBULLET.PXL " and PX_LIGHTNING. i dont know what to do, even the px080 file libraries are giving me errors...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm 

"schemen". lol ..........I"m not sure about those errors. I know certain libs require other libs but ive never gotten errors from not selecting them....it sounds like your wanting to add quite alot of different things...sumtimes that can be difficult...anyhoo looks like your getting use to the way the schemes read the libs so thats good...

Last edited by Curtis on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.