Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: i cant re-instal px 0.80
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:45 pm 

Hello evryone, first, i apologize for my english, i'll try do my best.
i've already try to get some help with Steps, but he couldn't figure out whats going on.

ok, so: i have installed PX since january and evrything was great, i was having a good life by playing HL and some other cool scheme...

but,
since 2 week ago my worms armageddon was not launching for some unknows(s) probleme(s).
so, ive desintall evrything and re-instal evrything to have a healty wa folder (delete w.a with revo desinstaler + some search in regedit)
and then instal clean iso + 3.7.2.1 (the re-instal with 3.7 is fast, working great and have no probleme).

but when i was trying to downgrade to 3.6.31.0 by the installer from worms2d.info, the wa.exe was NOT launching,
-the mouse is stay "in load" (bugged) and after 5/10mn i get a message (i cant remeber it well, becose i was not panicked at this moment)
-the message was about wa.exe acces, impossible to find, or something like that (im sory to not write the complet message)

Raffi solve this probleme by givin' me "pxsetup" (px 3.7 installer) who's apparently "auto-downgrade" to 3.6.31.0.
i've installed it, the game is now launching with 3.6.31.0, but when i try to joint ANYYY game px or normal, i drop when game start and i get the " Worms Armageddon has encountered an error. Just bought ... Detailed information about the error can be found in the ERRORLOG.TXT file" message. i have of corse try to instal px 0.80 + wormskit + rubber 1.12 but i still cant start a game. (all find on worms 2d.info)

in conclusion, i guess the probleme do not come from px, but it come from my computer with 3.6.31.

link:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1982&hilit=installerFor3.7
http://worms2d.info/files/WA_update-3.6 ... taller.exe
http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/wormkit.zip
http://myfiles.my1.ru/wa/wk/RubberWorm- ... taller.rar

so here we are:

1) wa.exe do not launching at all with 3.6.31 installer.
2) once uppon "pxsetup for 3.7" is instaled, my game (who's running in 3.6.31 due to pxsetup) take at least 2mn to open, and it crash when game start.
3) the only way for me to play worms is to re-instal classic game in 3.7.2.1.

edit: i have try instal another "user folder" + run w.a folder with "takeownedship" and i have aslo try to move the w.a folder in other part of the computer, nothing work. (pxlog from offline game with default px scheme here: http://pastie.org/private/bourdi3k3nuacqc7cyoqpw#)

Please, can i have some help?

thanks for reading me and i realy hope i'll px pwnd again.

Last edited by bundy974 on Thu May 26, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: i cant re-instal px 0.80
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:06 pm 

Why did you corrupt a good install of 3.6 in the first place? You should have installed 3.7 to a new directory, making 2 installs of WA.
Format C:/q

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:16 pm 

gexgeko wrote:
Why did you corrupt a good install of 3.6 in the first place? You should have installed 3.7 to a new directory, making 2 installs of WA.
Format C:/q

at this moment i was not scaried about the followed issues... big mistake!

in january when i was doing my fisrt instal, i was alway droped too, but it was not the same, it was desync, and you solved this quicly if i remember well.
but now its not the same problem at all...

last week i was like: "if i've done this instal one time, i can do it again" lol!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:34 pm 

look like the problem is solved! joedaddy send me his version of WA and evrything working great.

(dont ask me why)

thanks evryone for the help,

aleksch / joedaddy /raffi /steps / unknow and the others^^