Project X Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Portal Gun 2.0: Reloaded
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:10 am 

On video: Version 2.0

DOWNLOAD version 2.0 (Libs, Scheme and 2 Maps (+1 bonus map with already placed portals on map)).

Attachment:
File comment: 220+
Download PortalGun2 - Reloaded.rar [216 Bytes]
Downloaded 844 times

If you have any questions - ask them in this topic. But before you ask - make sure i didnt answer it already in this description. Thank you.

PortalGun 2.0 CONTROLS:
    *Up = U
    *Down = D
    *Left = L
    *Right = R
    **Space = S

On the ground:
    regulare angle control: U, D
    Shift + U (or D) = increasing angle changing speed x2 times.
    SpaceBar = shot.

PLEASE NOTE! VERY IMPORTANT!
    if more than one bullet shooted in the air - bullet that opens a portal will be LAST SHOOTED BULLET!
    That mean if you gonna Shoot like a crazy - all bullets will be IGNORED except last one!
    This made on purpose, to avoid stupid shootment with hope to hit somewhere. Think what you do and where you shoot!

Following angles applying to Gun that is IN MID-AIR with NO MATTER what angle worm had on land.

• U + S = shot portal 180 degree (Up)
  • D + S = shot portal 0 degree (Down)
  • L + S = shot portal -90 degree (Left side)
  • R + S = shot portal 90 degree (Right side)
  • UR + S = shot portal 135 degree (Up-Right)
  • UL + S = shot portal -135 degree (Up-Left)
  • DR + S = shot portal 20 degree (Down-Right)
  • DL + S = shot portal -20 degree (Down-Left) (actually 17.5 - this works best on high speed fly)
  • If neither of these keys pressed (except SpaceBar), Gun will shoot with last Aim prepared on ground.

Type/color switching:
  • holding CTRL (or ALT) + S = shot OPPOSITE type/color of portal byllet
  • "-" or "Num-" - activates Orange Portal type
  • "+" or "Num+" - activates Blue Portal type

Portals deactivation:
  • ALL Portals automatically deactivates as soon as 3 seconds passed after turn (well if next turn started earlier - portals will not deactivates)
  • Emergency Button: "Pause/Break" - Deactivates portals of current team (IF PORTAL GUN SELECTED)
  • Portals of other teams (except current) automatically deactivates as soon as teams are inactive. This will happen if scheme contains (checked in) p_portal_CTM.pxl lib (current team mode)
  • Portals can`t be opened on specific walls, which can be mentioned in Map editor using p_portal_walls.pxl lib, for special maps.

Basics:
Open 2 Portals (orange/blue), teleport everything on the map: worms, crates, mines, bowlingballs, magnets, OilDrums, weapons, arrows (new!). I`ve been working on it veeery veery hard. But that was real pleasure for me. And i hope this will be a pleasure for you to use it!

The Core of the Portal script taken from Entuser`s traps.pxl -> teleportObj (map editor object). All changes applyed to exactly that script. Thanks to Entuser for that awesome work!

So here is Basic principles:
1. Each TEAM have their own 2 portals: Blue and Orange. That mean that each worm of specific team uses and re-shots their own protals.
2. Use "-", "+", "Num-", "Num+" to switch between portals type.
3. Both portals teleport everything. You need to switch them for good movement and coordinated teleportation.

Additional info:
- original gun-sound effects from Valve Portal
- visual effects, glows, lights, etc with powerful "pxParticles.pxl" effects. (btw i`ve slightly changed this lib, will report in other post. now it unloads unused particles WAY FASTER. i`d say immidietly, which means - no lags (maybe short ones but for a short period and if over thousand particles working at same time).
- Portal Gun indicates which portal type is prepared, by glowing.
- x2 time faster Aiming for Portal Gun with Shift pressed.
- temporary OPPOSITE type of portal - with ctrl\alt pressed + spacebar. When released - last used portal type appears back again.
- portals can`t be placed at same position.
- portals can`t be placed on "bad-shaped" surface, also they can`t to be opened in the air (only on landscape). Note, if landspace explodes - Portals stays on its place.
- each portal has light inditator that shows team-owner.

2.0 CHANGES (scripting progress history):
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Already scripted reading wall hit angle. Portals now know which side of wall they touched. (07 Dec)
  • Along to readed angle, already made 8 portal types: top, bottom, left, right, top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right. (07 Dec)
  • Scripted Worm and Objects behaviour when entering top/bottom/left/right Portals. (07 Dec)
  • Improved small details (07 Dec)
  • Ability shoot in mid-air (it works!!!) (08 Dec)
  • Scripted Worm and Objects behaviour when entered Angled portals (top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right). (08 Dec)
  • Created "Current Team Mode (CTM)" library that deactivates portals of all teams but current. (08 Dec)
  • Re-created Portal Sprites and angled appearment (09 Dec)
  • Created ability to change agle real-time in mid-air. Angle changing in mid-air works very slow compare to worm`s speed (specially after inf portals teleportation). So best solution was to make ability shoot in 8 directions on-fly, by holding keys and key combinations (up+sides, down+sides) of Arrow keys + space. (09 Dec)
  • Fixed positions after teleportation, so now probability to get inside of the walls is minimum. (09 Dec)
  • Created Ignored-walls as MapEditor object. This allows to make (specify) walls where Portals can`t be opened. Now u able to make your own cool maps with logic-based portal usage. (10th Dec)
  • Created both portals to be able teleport all objects (not only Orange portal) + deactivating portals when turn ended (after 3 secs passed) (10th Dec)
  • Even with "Loss of control" scheme, worm doesn`t looses control and ability to shoot in air on high speed fly, if portal gun selected. (10th Dec)
  • Portals can be opened now only on terrain. To teleport objects - you need open portals underneeth. (10th Dec)
  • Created a map with logical tasks and limited number of walls where Portals can be opened. (11th Dec)
  • Created Portal Gun`s count when it limited in weapon panel. Player able to make 2 shots per one count. Secont shot DOESNT have to be done right next to first one. You can choose any other weapon, make shots or fly on Jet - then make a second shot. If there was only one shot per turn - Portal Gun`s counter decreases by one when turn ended, for team that used that gun. Usefull for Highlander scheme where Weapon count can`t be more then one. (12th Dec)
  • Improved portal bullet angle reading (12th Dec)
  • Created Video Demonstration. (13th Dec)
  • Added "Emergency" button that deactivates portals for current player. Pressing it again - Activates them back. This key is "Pause/Break". (13th Dec)
  • Added Arrows teleportation support. (15th Dec)
  • Added Graves teleportation support. (25th Dec) (not published)

"Portal Gun 2.0: Reloaded" CHANGES:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Completely rewritten and improved hit angle reading. There is no more "failed to open a portal" message in case of bad shape. It will work in 99% situations with perfectly chosen portal angle based on surface area. Also i have to say that this new script takes less performance, than was before. But works much better.
  • Fixed bug with infinite ammo when shooting Portal Gun in mid-air (with limited ammo mode).
  • Fixed bug with ammo decreasing when portal didnt open (with limited ammo mode).
  • Created library to randomly spawn 2 portals on map. One portal always will be on right side, second portal always will be on left side. Other parameters like placing point, angle etc choosing randomly.
  • Modified p_portal_walls.pxl library with added ability to place infinite pairs of portals on PX map in MapEditor.

• Gravity gun

Portal Gun 1.0 is no longer available. Delete it.

Last edited by PyroMan on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 41 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Portal Gun
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 am 

F*** yeah! I cant wait to use this beast!

Last edited by Twicken on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 am 

I had the pleasure to play around with this a couple hours ago with pyro, masta, and curtis - so cool, man. So many cool applications for this

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 pm 

thank you, because i always wanted to make one myself but was too lazy for it.
btw a long time ago some px betatester did it too but lost the code 8-)

btw i tried an infinite fall and something bad happened http://yadi.sk/d/JRagemyo14gxK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 am 

Frigging awesome man, eagerly awaiting updates!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am 

Nice stuff mate ;)
I cant wait for 2.0 :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm 

PortalGun2 is 98% ready.
Release in a few days.

Would be nice if some1 could make a video. I can make a good replay for it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 pm 

very nice mod...
but i ask :
why the weapon activation is + and - same the granate max e min boing ?

it get problem with max and min max boing activation ...

how to change this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 am 

Valve & Worms... i was dreaming for that merger...
Great work! I'll be glad to help in any way possible with the video.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 pm 

Atr0x wrote:
very nice mod...
but i ask :
why the weapon activation is + and - same the granate max e min boing ?

it get problem with max and min max boing activation ...

how to change this?

I choosed these button at same reason why we setting up Max/Min bounce at granades, polarity in magnets - becouse everyone know them!
And it doesn`t get any porblem with grenades or any other weaps -that key reading activates only when current worm has Portal Gun selected.
But anyway, i suspected that not everyone gonna like it, also it may conflict when 2 or more tablets, so in version 2 added ability to shot opposite type of Portal by holding Ctrl or Alt button. It also makes gameplay more faster, it takes much less attention to switch between portal types.
Portal Bullet`s trail color and PortaGun`s color also illustrates which type is selected now. To make you be sure, that you`re shooting with correct type.

Last edited by PyroMan on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next