Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: PX Team17 3.2t
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:17 pm 

Hi all,

After months of conceptual distilation and 'playing' with PX Scheme editor, i finally made PX version of well known Team17 scheme as i wanted it to be and managed to remove all bugs that could occur and am willing to share it with the rest of Wormers who didnt have an opportunity to play it yet. So...

My reccomendation is setup of 5 WORMS x 200HP, bigger RANDOM OPEN MAPS and RANDOM terrain mine FUSE timer.

-The basic scheme features are the same as in good old T17: worm selection until Sudden Death, weapon crate each turn and a handful of infinite Primal weapons. The point: collect as many crates as you can and pour them into opponent's worm faces.
-What new here is: shooting doesn't end turn, new PX weapons (mixed-up together with some old legacy weaps) and new Primal weapons rule: i came from nothing to eventually put 7 Primal weapons but only one Primal can be used per turn. Primal weaps are: Fire Punch, Dragon Ball, Prod, Blowtorch, Pneumatic Drill, Girder and Teleport (i had to put Turn End after using Teleport, so it wouldn't be so easy to reach an opponent's worm). So, if you fire one of these, all other primals will be locked until the next move (+1 turn delay).
-There are also couple of Team weaps/utils that can be used independently, but only once or twice during the game: Swim Suit, Kamikaze, Party Baloon, Antifire Suit and Freeze, as well as standard, infinite weaps Bungee and Parachute.
-Beside some PX features (scripts made by other players) known mostly from Highlander schemes such as Turnside, Autofastwalk, Newdrums, Fireangle, Fastswim, Fastdeath, Livehp, Safe Kami/Surrender and Weapon Panel, I wanted to add couple of novelties, so now, KILLING AN OPPONENT WORM grants not only +25HP (feat. Buxnaman), but also ONE WEAP and ONE UTIL CRATE randomly spawned on the map in real time (thanks to Ted's additional crates generator script), so it should speed-up the game and fill the move gaps. Also, Parachute is "remebered" which means, once you select it, no matter what weap you will use afterwards, the Chute will keep coming back as the next selected weap. It means that it can be spammed without re-selecting it. I like to call it "AutoChute" ^_^
-All weapons that can spawn has 1-4% of spawning chance (u can see all weaps and their chances if you open the scheme in PXScheme editor), while Utils that can spawn are: Low Gravity (9%), Ninja Rope (8%), Double Jump, Sentry Gun, Sentry Laser, Magnetic Missile, Lightning Strike, Tazer, Damage*2 (7%), Health Crate (6%), Select Worm, Crate Shower, Double Turn Time (5%) and Crate Spy (3%)

As i made a certain changes to some weapon libs (just because util/not util parameter) i had to make a change to those libs file names (and, all related libs that mentions the name of it in their text, i had to update that text and their names as well) by simply adding mc_ on beggining of the name (just because it wasn't checked as an util in its lib, and i wanted it to be util in my scheme)...i didn't know a better way than to make a change to lib itself. Of course, i gave my best to reduce any changes to a minimum, but for some weaps there were no other solution than to move it to another row, so all weapons i wanted in scheme can fit in one weapon table. I found 5x13 slots are just enough but someone could add more weaps or even more tables if he likes more randomness...

So, download the scheme, put it in WA/PXSchemes folder, do the same for it's libs which goes to WA/Libs folder, host up and Have Lots of Funz&Joyz. And don't forget to leave a comment and of course, any suggestion that can improve playability and push v3.3 out is welcome and i encourage you to implement your ideas and perhaps publish the next version ;)

And, finally, i'd like to express gratitude to Wormers who selflessly put their libs in use which i mixed up into this strategic but funny scheme, and those are: Rafa(2), JoeDaddy, Raffie, Steps, PyroMan and Buxnaman (so sry if i accidentally skipped someone). Special thanks to Ted for sparing time for writing additional crates generator script, and btw Ted, i need you (or anybody?) to make those crates not spawning too close to other objects and coast (cause sometimes it may fall in water, or spawn over a land mine)...if anybody see Ted, pls tell him about this post ;D

The scheme - here: http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/Hyq4nd07/file.html
The libs - here: http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/vXhOJvra/file.html

HLoF&J

Post subject: Re: PX Team17 3.2t
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:13 pm 

First off, congratulations on, finally, fulfilling your dream and making the PX Team 17 scheme. You did a tremendous job, even more so considering your lack of technical knowledge, which is, I assure everybody, gigantic.

You've had great dedication to stick to your original ideas and plans and not back down under the storm of random tweaks, I was bugging you with daily. While I edit just for the sake of editing itself and consider a challenge of realizing a new idea to be enough of a justification for that idea's implementation, you, on the other hand, didn't enjoy the process of editing on its own, but kept gameplay in mind at all times.

Love how it all turned out in the end and I'm not regretting hours of working with you and trying to teach you what I've been thought, even though most of it didn't really "land" as you have no programming 'base'. You, with all your emotional and philosophical thought mechanisms and a total lack of any programming knowledge, what so ever, managing to finish this scheme, mostly, on your own is a real testament to the power of dedication. Good job believing in and following your ideas through, even when advised against it, like it was the case with moving weapons across rows.

All criticism I have for the scheme boils down to me considering some of the weapons included(like Banana and Earth Quake) overpowered and game breaking, but that's just my opinion. Other than that, I'm very pleased and wish you great success with your scheme. Only thing left to do is to ask which one are you making next?

Scheme aside, I do have some criticisms regarding your post. There's no need for two files, as you can put it all inside one. Also, I believe you've made a mistake thinking adjusting weapon and utility chances in the scheme editor has anything to do with the chances of those weapons and utilities being awarded on enemy kill - it absolutely does not! Those chances are programmed into Ted's crate script and that's where they must be changed. Besides, percentages don't really work like that. Setting the crate chance of any particular weapon to, for example, 5 means that the weapon in question will have a 5% chance of dropping, only if all set crate chances add up to a 100, but that's not the worst part of your post. Namely, your English(and just language in general) is a disgrace and large number of typos, mistakes, unnecessary abbreviations and ignored rules give off the impression of a lack of effort which I hate to see so I'll try and rewrite your post into something more coherent, factual and aesthetically pleasing. Also, I will list all weapons and their actual crate chances.

Hi all,

After months of distillation and 'playing' with PX Scheme editor, I finally made the PX version of a well known Team17 scheme as I intended it to be. I've managed to remove all bugs, that were occurring, and I'm willing to share the scheme with the rest of the PX community, who might not have had the change to play it yet.

My recommended setup is:
-5 worms per team, 200 HP each.
-Larger, randomly generated, open maps.
-Random mine fuse timer.

Basic features are the same as in good, old Team 17 scheme:
-Worm selection on turn start before sudden death.
-Weapon crate each turn.
-Handful of basic weapons, available to each team right from the start.

The goal, like in the original Team 17, is to collect as many crates as possible and use the weapons and utilities acquired to eliminate your enemy, preventing them from doing the same.

New, PX or otherwise, features I added, are:
-Shot doesn't end turn.(Teleport is the only exception to this rule.)
-PX weapons, found in other PX schemes, alongside some original Worms Armageddon weapons, make up the final weapons arsenal.
-Killing an enemy worm grants +25 HP(by BuxnaMan).
-Killing an enemy spawns one weapon and one utility crate in random locations on the map(thanks to Ted's additional crates generator script).
-Remembered parachute - once you select it, no matter which weapon you use afterward, the parachute will keep coming back as the selected weapon. This allows for parachute to be spammed without the need to reselect it each time. I like to call it "AutoChute". ^_^
-Primal weapons with infinite ammo, out of which only one can be used per turn. It started with none, but in the end I came up with the following seven:
  • Fire Punch
  • Dragon Ball
  • Prod
  • BlowTorch
  • Pneumatic Drill
  • Girder
  • Teleport(ends turn!)

Team weapons and utilities that can be used whenever, independently, with ammo count in parenthesis:
  • Swim suit(2)
  • Kamikaze(1)
  • Party baloon(1)
  • Antifire suit(1)
  • Freeze(1)
  • Bungee(∞)
  • Parachute(∞)

PX scripts, we're all familiar with through other PX schemes, most notably Highlander, included are:
  • Exturnside - Allows turning while firing weapons.
  • Autofastwalk - Automatically enables Fast Walk on turn begin.
  • Newdrums - Enriches Worms Armageddon barrels by adding Cluster, Ice and Electric ones into the game.
  • Fireangle - Allows for faster aiming, by holding SHIFT in combination with up or down arrow keys.
  • Swim suit - Allows worms to move through water, not drowning.
  • Fastdeath - Makes worms with 0 HP die immediately.
  • Livehp - Reduces worm HP, displayed above each worm, as soon as that worm takes damage.
  • Safe Kamikaze and Surrender - Requires CTRL+SPACE to activate Kamikaze or Surrender as a safety against accidents.
  • Weapon panel - Adds, always visible, weapon panel for better visibility and improved gameplay.

As I changed any weapons' name, row or if it is the utility or not, I had to change the corresponding lib file name to avoid conflict with already existing ones. In turn, I had to change, both content and names, of lib files referring to such, renamed libs. This was achieved by adding mc_ prefix to the original lib file names. I couldn't find a better way of doing this and even though I tried to keep such changes to a minimum, for some weapons I had no other choice as I was forced to move them across rows to fit them all inside one weapon table. I found the available 5x13 slots to be just enough, but anyone could add more weapons or even a second weapon table if desired.

Download and extract into your Worms Armageddon folder, host and have lots of fun!

Don't forget to leave a comment, or any suggestions that you have, that will improve playability and help get v3.3 out faster.

I encourage you to implement your own ideas and, perhaps, be the one to publish the next version ;).

Finally, I'd like to express gratitude to wormers who's work I've used in this strategic, but funny scheme:
  • Rafa(2)
  • JoeDaddy
  • Raffie
  • Steps
  • PyroMan
  • Buxnaman
(I'm sorry if I accidentally skipped anyone!)
Special thanks to Ted for sparing time to write additional crates generator script. By the way, Ted, I need you(or anybody else) to make those crates not spawn over other objects or water, because, occasionally, crates land in water or on mines. If you see Ted, please, tell him about this post ;D

Download link

Below, you'll find all weapons and utilities and their respective chances listed:

Weapons falling in crates, in between turns, preceded by their respective chances, are:
  • 4,04% - Multi-Bolt
  • 4,04% - Sheep
  • 4,04% - Bible Launcher
  • 4,04% - Big Cluster Bomb
  • 3,03% - Double Bazooka
  • 3,03% - Sheep Launcher
  • 3,03% - Grenade(x2)
  • 3,03% - Real Shotgun
  • 3,03% - Laser Gun
  • 3,03% - Nuke Rocket
  • 3,03% - Priceless Ming Vase
  • 3,03% - Large Mole Bomb
  • 3,03% - Flame Thrower
  • 3,03% - Buffalo of Lies
  • 3,03% - Burning Sheep Launcher
  • 3,03% - Old Woman
  • 3,03% - Superior Gravedigger
  • 3,03% - S.M.A.R.T.E.R Bomb
  • 2,02% - Patsy's Magic Bullet
  • 2,02% - Mad Cow(x2)
  • 2,02% - Large Skunk
  • 2,02% - Petrol Bomb(x2)
  • 2,02% - Hellish Hand-Grenade
  • 2,02% - Holy Hand-Grenade
  • 2,02% - Baseball Bat
  • 2,02% - MB Bomb
  • 2,02% - Bowling Ball Strike
  • 2,02% - Mail Strike
  • 2,02% - Heavy Air Strike
  • 2,02% - Farting Sheep
  • 2,02% - Salvation Army
  • 2,02% - Bigger Bow
  • 2,02% - Minigun
  • 2,02% - Chilli Bomb
  • 2,02% - Battle Axe
  • 2,02% - Banana Bomb
  • 2,02% - Gravler
  • 2,02% - Homing Missile
  • 1,01% - Earth Quake

Weapons falling in crates, on enemy kill, preceded by their respective chances, are:
  • 2,63% - Double Bazooka
  • 2,63% - Homing Missile
  • 2,63% - Gravler
  • 2,63% - Granade
  • 2,63% - Battle Axe
  • 2,63% - Chilli Bomb
  • 2,63% - Real Shotgun
  • 2,63% - Minigun
  • 2,63% - Laser Gun
  • 2,63% - Bigger Bow
  • 2,63% - Nuke Rocket
  • 2,63% - Sheep
  • 2,63% - Large Mole Bomb
  • 2,63% - Baseball Bat
  • 2,63% - Petrol Bomb
  • 2,63% - Flame Thrower
  • 2,63% - Superior Gravedigger
  • 2,63% - Old Woman
  • 2,63% - S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Bomb
  • 2,5% - Bible Launcher
  • 2,5% - Sheep Launcher
  • 2,5% - Banana Bomb
  • 2,5% - Big Cluster Bomb
  • 2,5% - Multi-Bolt
  • 2,5% - Priceless Ming Vase
  • 2,5% - Farting Sheep
  • 2,5% - Salvation Army
  • 2,5% - Heavy Air Strike
  • 2,5% - Mail Strike
  • 2,5% - Bowling Ball Strike
  • 2,5% - MB Bomb
  • 2,5% - Earthquake
  • 2,5% - Holy hand-Granade
  • 2,5% - Hellish Hand-Granade
  • 2,5% - Large Skunk
  • 2,5% - Burning Sheep Launcher
  • 2,5% - Mad Cow
  • 2,5% - Buffalo Of Lies
  • 2,5% - Patsy's Magic Bullet

Utilities falling in crates, on enemy kill, preceded by their respective chances, are:
  • 7,14% - Tazer
  • 7,14% - Lightning Strike
  • 7,14% - Health Crate
  • 7,14% - Ninja Rope
  • 7,14% - Magnetic Missile
  • 7,14% - Sentry Gun
  • 7,14% - Sentry Laser
  • 7,14% - Select Worm
  • 7,14% - Low Gravity
  • 7,14% - Double Jump
  • 7,14% - Damage*2
  • 7,14% - Crate Spy
  • 7,14% - Double Turn Time
  • 7,14% - Crate Shower

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:25 pm 

omg you really posted all of this and took so many space for couple of gramatic erroros?...sorry Shakespear, didn't know you will come :o no, thanks, really, it means a lot for me...
...anywayz, what sucks in this scheme is nothing, and you are just jelous on me cause you didn't publish your scheme yet :p whatya gonna do about that wigga? xD no really, if im gonna publish a book someday, i will take you as my reviewer i promise...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:08 pm 

Hi m4d-c4t,

It appears it was you sitting on WormNet and hosting this scheme and not doing anything else. Thanks also for hosting libs, so far offline play is working without replacing libs I already have. And online play... filenames with signatures... writing and running automatic signature instructions... what online play?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:06 pm 

Hi Balt, you are welcome,

you mean, not hosting anything else? yea, im all into this now... :)

...mmm not sure that i understood the second part well...there are total of 30 libs that scheme requires, 10 of them are changed and renamed, those are with added mc_ prefix. Now, no need to replace libs if you already have the rest of them, all you need is to add those mc_ ones to Lib folder. Okay, i might rename them the other way if that is the point? Unless something else is the problem, why cant you play online? What auto signature instructions? Is there a better way? Sry, need more explanation...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 am 

"omg you really posted all of this and took so many space for couple of gramatic erroros?...sorry Shakespear, didn't know you will come :o no, thanks, really, it means a lot for me...
...anywayz, what sucks in this scheme is nothing, and you are just jelous on me cause you didn't publish your scheme yet :p whatya gonna do about that wigga? xD no really, if im gonna publish a book someday, i will take you as my reviewer i promise..."
- Quoted m4d-c4t

Admit you need my proof reading and editing services, replace your post with my version and let's agree to $1/100 views of this post as a promo deal because you're my friend and it looks like you REALLY need help.

"Hi m4d-c4t,

It appears it was you sitting on WormNet and hosting this scheme and not doing anything else. Thanks also for hosting libs, so far offline play is working without replacing libs I already have. And online play... filenames with signatures... writing and running automatic signature instructions... what online play?"
- Quoted Balt

m4d-c4t changed some of the existing lib files in the process of creating his scheme. These files, that were made by others and used for other PX schemes, had to get new names as their content has changed. This was done to avoid conflict with the already existing files by adding the mc_ name prefix. Otherwise, you could end up loading the edited libraries when hosting the original PX schemes and with it the unwanted changes m4d-c4t made for his T17 scheme into, for example, Highlander.
No action is required on your end regarding this. All lib files, required for the scheme, are downloaded to your computer when you join the game on WormNet for the first time. m4d-c4t was just explaining how and why he renamed the existing lib files. Hope that clears things up a bit.

P.s. I do agree with you about him hoting it all the time, but he's too lazy, fragile and a special snowflake to be able to get a job like everybody else so that's why. But don't worry about it, it isn't going to last forever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 pm 

@Buxnaman
sry bro, but you dont sound normal to me. I really appreciate sharing your knowledge with me, but this is not a place to share your life stories and no need to explain pls just be a normal forum member if you can, if you don't, dont reply any more. Pls...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:33 am 

Ahahahahhahaha, drama on the PX forums, who would have believed it :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 pm 

Yeah, more more more! But, no.. We're just bored, no drama.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 am 

[
yeah man...like one facebook isn't enough...i mean, lol