Project X Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Ideas for PX golf
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm 

Hey Drumstick.....

I threw together a few things with what I could salvage from before and added a sum other stuff....Personally I think the Tele Ball Launcher works the best and is the fastest choice for the ball but I included the mine ball also with different power bats as you can see.....There a sample map included with "cheap" forcefield bunkers just for example.

Spawnpoints
are set for 1 worm VS 1 worm.

Let me know your thoughts...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 pm 

Some good stuff I played with you curtis. Teleport is a good idea yes. So far the maps will work with zones. I just thought about this: the ball should not teleport you if shot from green and stopping in green, the distance SHOULD be short enough for you to (fast) walk to your ball. A golf cart (just graphics on map) would be near the green in some way that wouldnt interact with the ball, and would teleport you on next tee if you step in it(simple worms stairs so only worms go there or idk). OR, when the ball is in the hole, you get tele'd automatically next to the next tee.

There was a problem that caused the worm to tele inside map, so just a little offset upwards should do the trick, given that we play in wide maps. If the map includes little channels for the ball to roll in, just make it wide enough for the worm to tele in, or even make that channel a "no auto-tele" zone, but it gotta be wide enough for the worm to fit in, which shouldnt be a problem.

I liked the smaller ball graphics. Also white is better. I'm gonna apply color mod only when the ball is idle or something. The bowling ball uses only one frame that the script makes rotate... but at that size, a simple circle with a tad darker outline will do.. we can barely distinguish dimples on a 12x12 ball, and I'm gonna make it even smaller. Also the icon, proved my assumption of depicting the ball on the grass is better.

As for the driver themselves.. really good effort man but gradual power feels more right. The sprite animation was pretty :).

Thanks for all this work! It will surely make the scheme better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:18 pm 

Hey Drum....

np dude.....the fact that the ball you made rolls down hills and up makes it superior but ya just godda find a way to make it not be able to interact with worms or other balls but I think I remember you mentioned you already had that planned...I forgot to over-ride the sprite responsible for the worm taking his hat off after swinging so thats why it appears to end abrubtly while swinging..the power's were more/less a concept..
The tele is 50/50 but it's good idea cause if worms tele to ball and you sink your shot you would just tele into the hole and the hole can have a tele zone inside it which would tele your worm to the next green ready to swing away.

anyways....
...keep us updated!

Last edited by Curtis on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm 

Curtis wrote:

The tele is 50/50 but it's good idea cause if worms tele to ball and you sink your shot you would just tele into the hole and the hole can have a tele zone inside it which would tele your worm to the next green ready to swing away. Although if you were thinking about smaller ball worms might not fit in the hole but I'm sure you will work something out....

anyways....
let the evolution continue.......keep us updated!

PS: I can work on more club sprites if you require...

The way I see it so far, when you get the ball into the cup, it just teleports right on the next tee. and the worm close to it. Also the collision mask of the ball is 6 pixel now, I cut down 1 pixel hehe. a worms to fit is 8 I think? erm 9? i never know. There is a physical way to fix that problem i think, not sure. but anyway, doesnt matter.

Yeah let's talk sprites next time we meet in ag ^^.