Project X Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Highlander (strategic) (last updated 16/10/12) (V.1.4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:55 pm 

Yeah also im working on summit cool its samurai sword not sure how to do sprites but its 1% chance to get it its instant kill and what will happen after kill is that lighting will strike that worm while the worm puts the sword above its head the lighting will then give worm 200 hp and the lighting will hit worms near that worm, sounds overpowered but its an idea that will be worked on but from what the idea i have its gonna look amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 am 

Anyone interested in making a combination Jump / Graveller weapon?

My idea is to use the current graveller sprite, with the spinning tail half of the firepunch sprite, sticking out the end. It might be cool to have the firepunch bandanna/eyes/mouth/fist in there too.. but that would be a lot of work.

I can't think of a good way to animate the beginning and end of the drilling smoothly.. ie. the transition from worm to drill-worm... other than by just using a small explosion animation or something to cover it up. Any ideas would be appreciated.

http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/worms/wa/a ... pnctop.gif

My initial attempt...... needs some work! I messed up the actual graveller animation somehow.. even though it's only 3 frames. Hmm maybe there are actually 4 frames and i left one out. First time making sprites.. this took me over an hour :oops:. And looking on that thread on how to make spinning sprites (in the Libraries forum) it looks like I gotta remake this.. to restore the transparency and to make each frame 60x60.

That's enough homework procrastination for tonight!!

Attachments:
File comment: removed 3 frames.. a bit smoother worm tail rotation now
gravellerjump2.gif
gravellerjump2.gif [ 26.94 KiB | Viewed 10483 times ]

Last edited by Electro on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:29 am 

How does one make a sprite got some good ideas wanna get started.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:38 pm 

I'm a noob too.. but this might be enough to get you started ...

I extracted the graveler sprite using PXLedit.exe (in the Editors folder of WA if PX is installed). Make sure you name the saved file as a PNG - it doesn't add the extension automatically.

I got the firepunch animation from here: http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/worms/wa/anims/gfx/

Extracted the firepunch frames with Irfanview.

Then i melded the frames together with MS Paint - probably a bad idea because it messed up the transparency. Save each frame as a transparent 60x60 PNG file with the turning axis of your weapon/utility in the dead centre and in the same spot in each frame.

I put all the frames into the same folder and named them in order. Load the first frame in Windows Photo Viewer and just keep clicking "next image" to preview your animation. Any problems i found i loaded those frames in MS paint and made the adjustments.

Take all your 60x60 frames and copy them into the template found in the 2nd post in this thread. The vertical strip of sprites is how PX likes to read them. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=485

And (this step is optional) i animated it back into GIF with gifninja.com.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm 

did you know about SpriteEddy? Can extract any sprite in any format, just select "Normal crop" before doing so.
then in photoshop, find a magic eraser, put "1" to the "admission" level, and disable smoothing, click mouse on black area. And now you have transparent bg as needed! :) make sure all frames are of same size. Height must be divisible by width

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:54 pm 

Hey steps u fancy working on something togetha if u add me to steam curtcooll or email me at curtcooll@yahoo.co.uk or facebook me at curtis john green got some great ideas to put to you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 am 

Hi guys.
i love this scheme, everything is cool, but.. plz post archive on px directly, not on some sendspaces, etc.. its annoying of tons ads, and even viruses by redirected links.
I understand that u can earn a bit by uploading there, but mate.. u know and i know, that its about cents. u need thousands of downloads for some good results. PX files is not about such positions.
I`d like to download files from px servers directly. Those external links screws my face :S
You can ignore my post if you like, ofc. Up to you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm 

px hard disk is exhausted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm 

You can download this scheme and all the needed libraries directly from here: worms.am/highlander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:44 pm 

aw.. didnt know that, Steps.
oh thats good, thanks raffie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next