Project X Forums

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mega project
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:28 pm 

Hello. I want to make a very big project of boosting WA game. I'm new and I don't know anything about programing and editing by PX (and other things too), so I'm want to request you for help me in my project by doing something for it or to simple saying what should I do to make my targets.
This is what my project stands for:
1. Adding fire physics (I haven't played the game yet so sorry, if I'm asking for thing that is in game :oops: . But, if I remember good, fire was introduced in WWP)
2. Adding water physics (like in Worms Revolution)
3. Adding the skill of using all utilitys for AI (with setting on and off or depending of difficulty), cause game is getting boring when you cannot get attacked, beca
4. Making option of changing worms to other characters (like Mario, Pikachu, Sonic, Crash Bandicot, etc. and minor characters from these and other games). I want to get as many characters as i can :D .
5. Making mode that each worm have its own arsenal (not like classes mode), such as I would be able to set wepons to share for my team, or better for each of my worms, and of course if worm collect weapon it doesn't shares it with rest of the team. Of course all weapons collected would pass for the next round, and I would be able to set, that team would get extra ammunition for the starting weapons in next round or not.
6. Making short supply mode (that should cooperate with mode above), that means there would be only little (setable) table, for example: 20 tiles, and each tiles would hold only one bullet, rocket, magazine etc. for the weapon, like: you have 10 rockets for bazooka and 10 granades - you cannot pick any more weapons (ammunition), before you use any, that you have.
7. Adding all weapons, utilities and other things from rest of Worms games (expect Worms Forts) with making setable with from the other things will apear in game or not.
8. Adding all weapons, utilites and other things that other users made (of course with credit to them :D ) with setable options to choose with of them apear in game or not (cause some would be (for me :D ) making the game to easy).
9. Adding additional missions.
10. Adding option of setting enemy weapons, cause it will be fun making personal game, for example: you have weak weapons and they have powerful.
11. Adding few things from game named Wormix and my ideas :D , that I will post in the next post, cause this got long, isn't it :) ?

Thank you for reading it all, and for all help and advice that I would get or not. Sorry if I wrote about things that aren't possible or you know indeed without writing. It would be wonderful if the project would get every of its targets, but it would be good to if it get as much goals as we can make. I'm also waiting for ideas about new targets.

Last edited by Puczini on Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mega project
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:19 pm 

About the Wormix thing, I would make some changes in weaponary that I've seen in that game:
1. Change the name of Shotgun to Rifle
2. Change the system in weapons such as Handgun, Uzi and Minigun. Minigun would louse ability to get controled, and would get a bit wider spread, and there wouldn't be hundred bullets in magaznie, but twenty that would make bigger damage (6 HP per bullet, for example, but I think that should be less, cause Wormix has a leveling health system) and bigger holes. Uzi would shoot sixteen bullets that would make bigger damage too (5 HP per bullet for example) and bigger holes. Handgun would stay with the same damage, but bigger holes.

I want to add frozen effect, that means you cannot move for two turns and use Ninja Rope, but you can still shoot.
Another thing is upgrading system, that in battle would be made by Upgrade utility and will be boosting power and hole size for weapons that have no upgrades. Now i will rewrite upgrades as seen in Wormix (I think i should set less damage than i write):
1. Tier 1 - Bazooka (everyone knows, in Wormix it have 60 damage)
Tier 2 - Faustpatron (damage boosted by 10, bigger bullet and sligthly bigger hole I think)
Tier 3 - Cumulative missle (one missle that effects like the place would be hitted with two, shooted fast one after another, each exsplosion deals 40 HP)
2. Tier 1 - Grenade (everyone knows, it have 60 damage)
Tier 2 - Hand bomb (same as above, but has two minor explosions (not clusters) that are dealing 20 damage each)
Tier 3 - Concussive grenade (same as above, but has additional minor explosion and slows enemy a bit for one turn)
3. Tier 1 - Rifle (Shotgun in Worms, 30 HP per shoot)
Tier 2 - Hunting rifle (damage boosted by 5 per shoot and improved crosshair)
4. Tier 1 - Dynamite (everyone knows, 75 damage)
Tier 2A - Dynamite bundle (after explosion, two sticks fly diagonally down and go of whemn hit the ground
Tier 2B - Kamikaze belt (unit explode at the end of the turn, dealing 70 damage, doesn't take turn to activate) (I think it should work as Kamikaze in place but deal greater damage than Dynamite)
5. Tier 1 - Mine (everyone knows, 45 damage)
Tier 2 - Antipersonel mine (damage boosted by 5)
Tier 3 - Haven't unlocked I will post when I do this
6. Tier 1 - Blowtorch (everyone knows, 24 HP per second)
Tier 2 - Improved blowtorch (digging distance boosted by 30%)
Tier 3 - Tactical blowtorch (same as above, but leaves safe mine (for allies) on the entrace of tunnel.
7. Tier 1 - Cluster grenade (everyone knows, 40 damage on exsplosion and 8 fragments dealing 10 each)
Tier 2 - F-1 grenade (additional fragment, damage from exsplosion boosted by 5)
Tier 3A - Piranha grenade (fragments are targeting nearest enemy)
Tier 3B - Sensory grenade (without timer, fragments are targeting nearest enemy, if doesn't find enemy, lefts on ground)
8. Tier 1 - Uzi (everyone knows, 16 bullets, 5 damage each)
Tier 2 - Modernized uzi (damage boosted by 1 for each bullet)
9. Tier 1 - Mortar (everyone knows, 35 damage from exsplosion, 5 fragments dealing 25 each)
Tier 2 - Siege mortar (improved targeting, exsplosion damage boosted by 10)
Tier 3A - Siege destroyer (explosion damage incarased by 5, damage from fragments boosted by 10, explosion radiu increased)
Tier 3B - Multicharged mortar (additional rocket)
10. Tier 1 - Shurikens (4 shurikens thrown separately in parabolic trajectory, 17 HP each, first direcy hit deals double damage)
Tier 2 - Light shurikens (additional shuriken)
Tier 3A - Master knives (improved targeting, damage boosted by 5 for each knife)
Tier 3B - Master shurikens (no first hit bonus, insted shurikens pierce through multiple enemies and have higher damage)
11. Tier 1 - Sticky grenade (explodes after a second when attached to surfrace, throwing high six fragments. Explosion deals 40 damage and fragments 20 each)
Tier 2 - Biomass (additional fragment)
Tier 3A - Sticky poison (grenade and its fragments are placing poison for 2 turns)
Tier 3B - Sticky mines (fragments damage boosted by 5 and if they don't hit enemy, they stay on the ground for 5 turns)
12. Tier 1 - Sheep (everyone knows, 90 damage)
Tier 2A - Controled sheep (controled movment and higher damage)
Tier 2B - Burning sheep (throws fire when running)
13. Tier 1 - Shotgun (7 pellets shot at once with spread, 13 damage from each)
Tier 2 - Combat shotgun (two additional pellets, damage from each pellet is boosted by 1)
Tier 3A - Remington (damage from each pellet boosted by 1, slows enemy a bit for 2 turns)
Tier 3B - Jackhammer (2 shoots with 6 pellets)
14. Tier 1 - Schoker (close combat, enemy flies high, short parabolic line, 40 + fall damage)
Tier 2 - Paralyze (slows enemy a bit for 2 turns, increased damage)
15. Tier 1 - Homing missle (everyone knows, 60 damage)
Tier 2 - Heat missle (damage increased by flying time, maximal bonus - 40 HP)
Tier 3 - Infrared missle (same as above, but maximal bonus is 80 HP)
16. Tier 1 - Grider (everyone knows, but you can't change size of it)
Tier 2 - Elastic grider (size can be changed)
Tier 3 - Ultra grider (my idea :D , can by destoyed only by weapons specialized for digging)
17. Tier 1 - Portable teleport (thrown like grenade, user teleports where it lands)
Tier 2 - Haven't unlocked yet
18. Tier 1 - Minigun (everybody knows, can't be controled, 20 bullets 6HP damage each)
Tier 2 - Chaingun (damage boosted by 2 for each bullet)
Tier 3A - Big Lewis (damage increasing by 1 per every four bullet that hit the target)
Tier 3B - Rocket minigun (shoots rockets instead of bullets, can be controled)
19. Tier 1 - Carpet bazooka (everybody knows, 3 bounces, 50 damage each)
Tier 2 - Carpet thrower (increasing damage per bounce)
Tier 3A - Chaotic carpet thrower (additional bounce)
Tier 3B - Burning carpet thrower (name says everything)
20. Tier 1 - Antifreeze (protects from freezing and slowing for 2 turns, heals 50 HP)
Tier 2 - Mixture (cures from poison, healing boosted by 10)
Tier 3A/3B - Haven't unlocked yet
21. Tier 1 - Electric harpoon (shot like rifle, limited range, hooks on the enemy, and pulls it for 3 seconds dealing damage, damage from hit is 40, draging damage is 10 per 1/4 second)
Tier 2 - Whale gun (improved crosshairs, damage from hit boosted by 10)
Tier 3A/3B - Haven't unlocked yet
22. Tier 1 - Boomerang (everyone knows, 65 damage)
Tier 2 - Balanced boomerang (second's hit damage boosted by 15)
Tier 3 - Haven't unlocked yet
23. Tier 1 - Emergency teleport (teleports to random place in medium range, dosen't waste a turn)
Tier 2/3 - Haven't unlocked yet
24. Tier 1 - Spider mine (crawls to enemy, if doesn't get to any, explodes after 6 seconds, it stands on enemy head, and if enemy moves, it explodes dealing 65 damage and poisoning it)
Tier 2 - Tarantula (instead of exsplosion, it poisons enemy with double power)
25. Tier 1 - Sniper rifle (short laser beam targeting, bullet can pierce several enemies, damage decaresed for enemies that stand close or doesn't took first hit, can get through ground for distance of bazooka's blast, 90 damage)
Tier 2 - Tactical rifle (damage increased by 10, laser beam is longer and more stable)
26. Tier 1 - Laser barrier (throw pair of generators, like sticky granades, makes laser beam from one to another that allies can pass, if enemy touches the laser it takes 40 damage and generator disappears)
Tier 2 - Laser defence (throw additional generator)
27. Tier 1 - Vintage cannon (shoots heavy cannon ball with full power, it explodes when it stop moving making hole equal to Holy Hand Grenade and dealing 90 damage, shooter cannot move)
Tier 2 - Hand cannon (shooter can move)
Tier 3 - Haven't unlocked yet
28. Tier 1 - Holy grenade (Everyone knows, deals 115 damage)
Tier 2 - Haven't unlocked yet (but i think it is Holy Hand Grenade)

I want to make upgradable weapons appear on all tiers, but of cours higher tier would appear more rarely

There are some more weapons and utilities but they're doesn't upgradable yet:
1. Bandage (heals half of damage from previous turn)
2. Antitoxin (restores 15 HP per turn 6 times, you cannot be damaged by poison, but you aren't healed from it)
3. Drill rocket (same mechanics as bazooka, but it can drill through ground a distance of blowtorch or pneumatic drill, then explodes, the gap left by drill is wide enough to fall in it, but not enough to walk in it horizontally, 60 damage, if it passes near worm without direct hit, deals damage equal to drill or blowtorch)
4. Freezing bazooka (same mechanics as bazooka, but freezes worms in blast area, deals 40 damage)
5. Crossbow (same mechanics as Shotgun (not Rifle), but trajectory is like bows) 2 shots 5 bolts dealing 7 damage each, poisons enemy)
6. Freezing mine (nothing to say, instant detonation, 25 damage)
7. Gravity gun (Rifle mechanics, doesn't doing anything to ground, instead throws enemy high, you can shoot under your feet to go high, 2 shoots, 20 damage each)
8. Gas grenade (mechanics like grenade, instead of exsplosion leaves gas cloud that doesn't poison worms, but at end of the turn deals 50 damage, lasts for 6 turns)
9. UFO (can fly, has 100 fuel, controled, can abduct mines (one a time) and relase it, if without mine above enemy can fall on it making exsplosion that deals 80 damage, it falls too when it's out of fuel, of course)
10. AK47 (shoots 2 burst 4 bullets each, damage per bullet is 16, if you shoot it in the sky bullets will fall back to the ground basing on the trajectory, can hit two enemies)
11. Firework (is it simple firework, flies straight in the sky, then exsplodes, damage is 50 from exsplosion, 20 from being impaled and fall damage of course)
12, Guardian (robot head turet, that gets slightly in the air when enemy approaches and gives him 10 electric strikes with dealing 3 HP damage each)
13. Napalm rockets (air strike that's explosion deals 20 damage per rockrt, rockets after hitting the ground starts fire)
14. Meteor (air strike mechanics, one meteor after hitting ground explodes and breakes into 4 fragments. Damage from explosion is 65 and from fragments is 35 each)
15. Ground breaker (its doesn't said it is air strike or bazooka, after it hit's ground explodes, dealing 50 damage, into 10 ground devasting shards, with deals 10 damage each)
16. Watermelon bomb (same mechanics as cluster grenade, but bounce with more power, explosion damage is 80 and each of 6 fragments deals 50 damage)
17. Thunderbolt (same mechanics as bazooka, but more affected by wind, explosion damage is 95, after exsplosion fires ligthings on long range dealing 80 damage from them)
18. Heal blocker (same mechanics as sticky grenade, makes zone that blocks all healing metodes for 10 turns, anyone who destroy it gets 75 damage)
19. Disc launcher (shoots disc, that bounces from walls up to 4 times, deals 50-130 damage increasing with bounces)
20. Jumping grenade (same as bazooka mechanics, doesn't affected by wind, grenade jumps up to 3 times, deals 40-130 damage, increasing with jumps)
21. Helicopter (can fly, controled, have 100 fuel, can shoot 4 bombs, like diagonally down shot bazooka on the lowest power, then it can fall and explode, damage is 25 from each bomb and 30 from exsplosion)
22. Circius cannon (shoots worm, making exsplosion that deals up to 120 HP to enemy and 1/3 to your worm)
23. Atomic bomb (falls straight from the sky after the next turn, explodes with 80 damage and then makes horizontally 6 minor exsplosions that each deals 50 damage, enemies at epicenter are poisoned for 10 turms)

I have only few ideas about weapons and utilities:
1. Upgrade (as I said)
2. Ultra grider (I said about it too)
3. Portable medikit (you can use it whenever you want (good for team's arsenal)
4. Teleport missle (like a bazooka, but doesn't explode, instead it's teleporting user of course).
5. Fire mine (same as Freezing mine, but starts fire)

If someone would be able to make weapons from Wormix, I will send him pictures of them (from shop or upgrade list only cause I can't make goof sight of holding weapon casuse I want to level up fast).

12. Add expasion of team (means you can play twice of worms than normal, but needs bigger maps)
Thank you again for reading and I hope you would help me.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:33 pm 

Well a lot of thingalready exist and already possible. Lot of things also already discussed. There are also a few interesting weaps ideas.
Funny that you decide to write it all without even trying to find out what already exist. You will be surprised how many of ideas that you've wrote here - already done.
P.S. "everybody knows.." - I don't know!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:20 pm 

PyroMan wrote:
Well a lot of thingalready exist and already possible. Lot of things also already discussed. There are also a few interesting weaps ideas.
Funny that you decide to write it all without even trying to find out what already exist. You will be surprised how many of ideas that you've wrote here - already done.
P.S. "everybody knows.." - I don't know!

Sorry that I'm asking like lazy person who doesn't look on the forum, but which of my target modes already exists? Also, is there water physics available somewhere?
P.S. I'm said I'm new. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:25 pm 

I have next target:
13. Bullet animation when shooting Shotgun, Uzi, Handgun, etc.