Project X Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: IDEAS for future Libraries. Best will be done.
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm 

Hey Pyroman :)

I read sum where your pretty busy these days so I hate to bother. Sum time ago I mentioned Shock Rifle idea..(in this thread)...I've pretty much got it all complete but as cool as it looks it's useless without being merged into 1 wep with dual fire modes like your portal gun.

I've tried six ways from Sunday to get the Shock Ball to only explode with a Shock Beam but enabling "other weps" explosion flag causes them to explode around virtually every other wep when only Beam is desired...I'm getting ahead myself but I'm only asking you because I know what your capable of.

Here an example of what I was thinking...(nice animation when ball explodes)..
anyhoo...If your willing to have a go at it I'll upload the LIB....

(I know the beam ico looks rather phallic but its Beta ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm 

Curtis wrote:
Shock Rifle

You talk about ASMD from Unreal Tournament series?

Attachments:
e-shockrifle.jpg
e-shockrifle.jpg [ 2.8 KiB | Viewed 10038 times ]
shockrifle.jpg
shockrifle.jpg [ 4.65 KiB | Viewed 10038 times ]
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 pm 

Ya Reituz that's the one...Flak Cannon would be awesome too...

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:09 am 

Hi, Curtis.
Yeah that weap seems pretty good and useful. But im still inactive at PX these days. Have lot of work. When i'll be free enough and addicted enough to continue scripting - i will try to help you with this weap. If some1 else or you will not make it earlier.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 pm 

Awesome Pyro....

Last edited by Curtis on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm 

Hello! I have some ideas for weapons and uttilities and I hope I didn't make to much remakes of existing weapons perhaps If there's any:

Attachment:
AK 47.PNG
AK 47.PNG [ 3.59 KiB | Viewed 9986 times ]

AK 47 - 2 burst with 4 bullets. Damage of a bullet 8 HP. If shooted in sky bullets fall back too map.
Attachment:
boomerang.PNG
boomerang.PNG [ 3 KiB | Viewed 9986 times ]

Boomerang - Comes back after first throw but not again, I wonder that throws should be in two turns separetly or in one (If in two turns damage is 40HP, if in one, damage is 20 HP)
Attachment:
disc launcher.PNG
disc launcher.PNG [ 3.72 KiB | Viewed 9986 times ]

Disc launcher - disc that can bounce from walls up to 4 times. Damage is rising with bounces (20 HP base and additional 20 for each bounce)
Attachment:
electric harpoon.PNG
electric harpoon.PNG [ 4.16 KiB | Viewed 9986 times ]

Electric harpoon - hit's the target and pull enemy toward player, limited distance (20 HP from hit and 6 HP 4 times a second when draging, 4 second of draging when shooted at the max distance)
Attachment:
firework.PNG
firework.PNG [ 3.73 KiB | Viewed 9986 times ]

Firework - rocket that fly directly up to sky, destroys ground on its way. 25 HP from exslosion, 10 HP from impaling enemy worm and fall damage)

To be continued. These weapons are from the game called Wormix, but I have some of my own ideas that I will write soon. Thanks for reading, and sorry for images quality cause these are the best i could take.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 am 

@Puczini
Firework..

But i already have NukeRocket with is kinda extended version of way how firework works :)
Saying about fireworks, i have in plans make a lot of fireworks variations weaps (some kinds like into my NewAge PXRR)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:04 am 

Curtis wrote:
Hey Pyroman :)
I've tried six ways from Sunday to get the Shock Ball to only explode with a Shock Beam but enabling "other weps" explosion flag causes them to explode around virtually every other wep when only Beam is desired...I'm getting ahead myself but I'm only asking you because I know what your capable of.

to make it explode from your weap only, u need set Shock Ball into "inertia" mode (do not explode from other weaps, at least). But for Shock Beam need a script: check the way of beam using tracers and check if Shock Ball is on its way. If it is - make it "ShockBall->ExplodeAt(x, y);" Also if beam is on the way of ShockBall - play prepared explosion animation.

That`s the way it should work. It`s ain`t that complicated, though. But still requires some time that i doesn`t have these days.

P.S. i was thinking here.. that we could use mouse-aiming for eploding shock Ball. But wait.. we could even use a mouse for shooting weaps and even setting the power.. I just borned an interesting idea about mouse-based schemes. With principle like Angry Birds aiming works. It`s quite possible in ProjectX.
so dudes, stay tuned. Hopefully i will have some time this summer for these ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:43 pm 

Hey Pyro...Thanks for the reply about Shock Rifle....Here is the LIB or at least as far as I could take it without complex scripting...Pls have a look sumtime...With your help it would be pretty cool I think...but yes I hear you...very busy now so maybe sumtime in future you might be able to fiddle around with it...Thanks again..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:10 pm 

Continuation of my and not mine ideas.
Attachment:
gravity gun.PNG
gravity gun.PNG [ 4.44 KiB | Viewed 9975 times ]

Gravity gun - Shoots a rounded bolts of energy that moves enemys with great force. If you shoot under your feet, you make powerful jump. 2 shoots, 10 HP damage taken from each hit.
Attachment:
guardian.PNG
guardian.PNG [ 4.36 KiB | Viewed 9975 times ]

Guardian - Tactical weapon, placed on ground, that guards your team. If any enemy get in the detection radius, it flies a bit up and shoots 10 electric strikes in fast succesion, each strike hurts enemy by 2 HP.
Attachment:
helicopter.PNG
helicopter.PNG [ 2.31 KiB | Viewed 9975 times ]

Helicopter - Yellow radio controled flying machine with limited fuel that is capable of shooting 4 bombs (looking and working like small bazooka rockets shooted on smalest possible power) that damages by 10 HP each. After you shoot all bombs you can drop helicopter down to fall on enemy and damage him with another 15 HP.
Attachment:
jumping grenade.PNG
jumping grenade.PNG [ 2.93 KiB | Viewed 9975 times ]

Jumping grenade - Launcher that sends a grenade, that can jump up to 3 times when flying and explodes when it touches something. Base damage is 20 HP and additional 20 HP for each jump.
Attachment:
laser barrier.PNG
laser barrier.PNG [ 5.01 KiB | Viewed 9975 times ]

Laser barrier - Device thrown like grenade that sticks to everything it touches. 4 of them can be thrown at one turn. Two devices are linking with laser beam that won't let enemies through and hurt them with 20 HP damage. If they're all close to others it forms a cage quadrangle without diagonals.

To be continued.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13