Project X Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sprite Builder (!!!) (R)EVOLUTION + Video Tutorial
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:59 pm 

Regi wrote:
And i only have project x, wormkit and your sprite builder...

D:
to write something in "require", you must have those libraries in your Libs folder.
e.g. when you type "require stepsutils" that means that stepsulils.pxl is located into your Libs folder.
Otherwise all scripting makes no sense.
Even more.. you can load spritebuilder, but spritebuilder itself also can requre a lot of other libs, that also can require other libs inside. It can be long network. If you don`t have at least one of those libs - it will not work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:04 pm 

Archive updated.

There is basically updated only one lib, but all libs still takes just a little space.
This update is kinda CRITICAL becouse it should fix a bug when sometimes HUGE white triangle appears on screen (on some individual PC`s, on my also), which is kinda awful. Now it should be fixed.
If you still see it sometimes with updated version (ON YOUR OWN HOST ONLY), let me know about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 pm 

I have an old version of sprite builder on my "map-making/PX making" PC and my worms laptop has the updated version of spritebuilder...

when i copy over a lib to use on my "worms laptop" the sprite i used for aiming is upside down when facing right - - - but not on the old version

I don't get ittttttt, it seems related to spritebuilder though. Also on my worms laptop two of weapons crash the game, but not on the old version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 am 

PyroMan wrote:
Archive updated.

There is basically updated only one lib, but all libs still takes just a little space.
This update is kinda CRITICAL becouse it should fix a bug when sometimes HUGE white triangle appears on screen (on some individual PC`s, on my also), which is kinda awful. Now it should be fixed.
If you still see it sometimes with updated version (ON YOUR OWN HOST ONLY), let me know about that.

Yes, u`re right. I`ve changed the whole way how sprites are drawing. It was just necessary though, becouse of huge white triangles that could appear on screen. Also becouse there was myltiple overlapping of sprites. Now all that fixed, but some of weaps can get a problem like you have - wrong rotation angle.
I`ve tryed to solve it without "user interaction" but couldn`t. Weaps with exact same parameters sometimes get their sprites to be flipped.
Anyway, i`ve made a way to fix it as easy as i could.
Just in part of the script when u have aiming Params, add another one:

Params->fix_flip_rotation = true;

this will solve this problem automatically.
Still, if some1 will find a unique parameter which affects on that flip effect - let me know. Maybe then i`ll make it auto-fixable, without any additional input.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 am 

woah... u know what? i just fixed it! i found mistake in calculating angle equation.
now u don`t need add any extra params. Just update spritebuilder again, from my libs folder:
p_spritebuilder.pxl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 pm 

Alrighty, have a question that i've had issues with for a while now pertaining to animation of the aiming sprite

I want all my weapons to be animated when aiming but even when i add ""Params->animate = true;"" into the aiming part of the script & set the frames/etc in the GetAttachment part it still doesn't animate the aiming.

Hopefully the above makes sense, i don't think i'm forgetting anything there. Also what does the second variable in ""LoadSprite(f, ?, ?);"" represent?
As i understand from my messing around 0=no loop 1=loop 2=? 3=reverse?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 am 

stRiNgkiNg wrote:
Also what does the second variable in ""LoadSprite(f, ?, ?);"" represent?
As i understand from my messing around 0=no loop 1=loop 2=? 3=reverse?

Lol that`s the problem :D
Second parameter is about how many frames has sprite :P
And there is no "loop, reverse etc" things when loading sprites. Its custom users functions. Spritebuilder has them somewhere in Params-> (as i remeber :D)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:38 pm 

Hey Pyro

First things..this lib is really awesome...I had no idea before its true power...

I managed to get all my weps set up with the anim_scripts inside one LIB...tested them all 1 by 1 and they are no problem but when I try to include ALL of them in ONE scheme some weps fail to render during "aiming"......hands are always rendered fine but just holding "invisible wep".

Twicken mentioned something similar before in the thread about problem with his sprites disappearing...maybe related..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:17 pm 

Curtis wrote:
Hey Pyro

First things..this lib is really awesome...I had no idea before its true power...

I managed to get all my weps set up with the anim_scripts inside one LIB...tested them all 1 by 1 and they are no problem but when I try to include ALL of them in ONE scheme some weps fail to render during "aiming"......hands are always rendered fine but just holding "invisible wep".

Twicken mentioned something similar before in the thread about problem with his sprites disappearing...maybe related..

I would like to help you, Curtis, when i`ll be in Kyiv (at Turkey atm)
But to understand what is going on there - i need either code of invisible weap with sprit, either lib with all that.
And.. also a scheme, probably.
But my first though, its about names. Variables names. If some function name or variable name are redeclared, there might be a problem. So first of all, try change names somehow. For example add numeric prefix to it (to script of invis weap), or something similar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm 

The download link seems dead.
Could you fix it please? It seems a very good tool for making custom weapons. Saves a lot of tedious work
Thank you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next