Project X Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Finishing something great, but need help with a few scripts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:42 pm 

Hello. I'm almost done working on a scheme that I have been working for 1 1/2 years time now. The scheme has 6 weapon tables and around 300 weapons/tools(yes, I found a way around the annoying sprite limit, so all is good). I have made alot of weapons/tools myself, but also used alot of weapon made by you guys, some with slight adjustments. You will get credit of course.

However, through my time working with PX, I have come across many bugs - but also realized the cause of most of them. I believe alot of them could actually be fixed with some scripts, but I am not skilled enough at scripting to do so.

The scripts that I need are(in order of most important to less important):

1. A script that makes the game go back to the first weapons-table, on each turnend. If that is not possible, then at the end of each game. This will fix a bug with "stock piling". You can actually have stock piling with PX, but the game will only save the weapons on the first menu. However, this requires that game is at the first weapons table, when the game ENDS. If the game is not at the first weapons table when the game ends, then the game will take, for example F5 spot 3 on weapons table 2 and add that amount to the weapon at F5 spot 3, on the first weapons table. If the game could just go back to the first weapons table at each game end, then stock piling will work perfectly for the first weapons table.

2. A script that make it possible to use a weapon that can shoot multiple times(3 for example), but ends your turn afterwards, on a jet pack, helicopter etc.. Right now, if you shoot a bazooka for example, that can shoot 3 times, which ends your turn afterwards, the second you shoot the first shot on a jet pack, you fall off your jet pack and even if you don't get hurt, your turn ends. This also happens with certain weapons that don't end you turn, but can shoot multiple times, but not all. If the weapon is pure script and in it is set to be a "utility" in the library weapons menu, then you can do it no problem.

3. A script that makes it possible to use the ninja rope on all weapons tables, without actually having the ninja rope tool on each weapons table on the exact same spot as ninja rope is on the first weapons table. Right now, if you only have the ninja rope on the first menu and you shoot one out and hang in a rope, then, if you change the weapons menu, you cannot shoot another shot, because the game doesn't know which values to load for it. The result is you just fall down and problably lose your turn. This can sometimes make it pretty annoying to use ninja rope, if you want to use a weapon on one of the new weapons tables. But if you place a ninja rope on the same spot as the ninja rope is on the first weapons menu, on all the other menus, then it works no problem. The same thing happens with girders. However, this takes up tables spots, that can be used for other new weapons/tools.

4. A few weapons, like Bunker Buster, Bovine Blitz and some other weapons I have made from these, doesn't react to pressing the space bar to explode them or drop a cow, if there is no weapon on the current weapons table, in team stock, that can be exploded by using the space bar. So, for example, you have to have a sheep on the weapons table, then you are able to drop a cow with Bovine Blitz, because sheep can be detonated on space. But if you don't have it on the current weapons table, then Bovine Blitz doesn't react. With Bunker Buster it just digs but you cannot explode it.

I could come up with a few more scripts, but I think this is probably already asking too much.

I'm probably going to name the scheme "Total War" and I plan on finishing it this december. I will post here when it is done.

I hope someone with good scripting skills is willing to help me out.

- Danny

Post subject: Re: Finishing something great, but need help with a few scri
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:32 am 

I have no idea how to do any of this, but good luck with your scheme! It's so awesome that there's someone out there still trying to make PX stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:03 pm 

PX is very nice. Of course it has some limitations and bugs being an 0.8.0 version, but you still can do pretty much everything if you are good enough at coding and creative enough. It makes worms much more fun than the normal game, even with the new version. All the new weapons and utilities add so much more depth.

I probably won't be getting any help with this though, because it seems that the forum is pretty much dead. It is a shame.

Hopefully when my scheme is done, it can motivate some more to play with PX(will probably post here and make a YouTube video about it). I am essentially trying to make a nice PX-foundation that people can use for a lot of different schemes, like they do with the original game. Like a 'Worms Armageddon Super' edition or something like that. I have taken the best stuff I could find from the PX-forum and the best I could make myself and combined it into one scheme. It won't get as smooth and pretty as the new version of the original game obviously.

Would be awesome to play with more people. :)

- Danny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:29 pm 

OK, so I have found acceptable workarounds for problems 2, 3 and 4.

So what I still need and don't think I can fix by myself(have tried for many hours), is this:

A script that makes the game go back to the first weapons-table, on each turnend. If that is not possible, then at the end of each game. This will fix a bug with "stock piling". You can actually have stock piling with PX, but the game will only save the weapons on the first menu. However, this requires that game is at the first weapons table, when the game ENDS. If the game is not at the first weapons table when the game ends, then the game will take, for example F5 spot 3 on weapons table 2 and add that amount to the weapon at F5 spot 3, on the first weapons table. If the game could just go back to the first weapons table at each turnend or game end, then stock piling will work perfectly for the first weapons table.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone is willing to help with this script.

- Danny