Project X Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PXS and PXL file format specification
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:55 pm 

Here is my reversed PXS and PXL file format specifications. Entuser himself never made one or lost it. At least that was the last stupid thing I heard from him.
If you do not understand the documentation, feel free to ask for help, it is following my standardized documentation format for file formats (a format, a format, my file scheme for a format).

The documentation is now in the worms2d wiki:
Scheme files *.pxs
Library files *.pxl

Thanks to Steps the details for Canister and Flamethrower are also included.

Worms.NET classes are available to load PX files.

Soon very very later (or never) ( :ugeek: ) I publish completely new and graphical editors for PX files, a submodule in Worms.NET Studio.

Last edited by Pac-Man on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: PXS and PXL file format specification
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 pm 

thank you, Pac-Man. vgj

1. i've almost sorted the structure out, but stuck at weapon specification. i wanted to code a little utility for sorting files in .pxl. i thought it's a pretty easy task, because each 'Entry' has 'Length' field, and i can read and remember the whole 'Entry' with the necessary amount of bytes of 'Data', then move it wherever i want in the whole pxl-file, but!.... :| when 'Type'=0x08, meaning that the 'Data' should be 'Weapon' there is no 'Length' field! :O and 'Weapon' alone lacks the 'Length' field! so my code need to check all those weapon types, activation types, all stuff to know how much bytes to remember... damn! i don't want to get hands dirty in it! >_<
i wish i could sort those fckn files in libs. when one develops a lib it would be helpful: if you want to add a new weapon, there wold be no need to extract all images/scripts/weapons to add all again in order you want. can you code this? :)

the remark about weapon 'Activation flag' you wrote:
if Activation by != Space, meaning this.Activation by
- Crosshair: Not used
that's not right actually, if i'm correct. i've noticed, that if this 'Not used' parameter is equal to:
  • 1, then when the weapon is launched uzi-bullet sound is played and uzi fire animation is played at couple of frames
  • 2, then weapon launch is grenade-like. worm hand throwing appears as well as throwing sound is played
  • 3, -//- bazooka-like
  • 4, -//- similar to 1, but minigun instead
  • 5, -//- similar to 1, but shotgun instead. this one is especially funny if you set it, for example, to bazooka: you set a fire power, then you release space, then worm starts to load an unexpectedly appeared shotgun, and shots bazooka with shotgun :D lol
  • 6, -//- -//-, but handgun instead
  • 10, -//- -//-, but longbow instead
so the point is, if one is making a launcher-weapon that is activated by crosshair and it's a grenade or some throwing bomb then 'Not used' parameter should be set to 2, otherwise 1 in most cases. i've noticed this thing when was playing with CWeaps7. Curtis made a Sling Shot that is a launcher weapon and it doesn't emit any sound when setting fire power. i thought it is weird and looked in weapon settings.

3. i wait eagerly for for new editors :)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:05 am 

Oh... the link is dead :cry:
I need it... :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:03 am 

Doesn't matter, it's now in the worms2d.info wiki, http://worms2d.info/Project_X/Scheme_file and http://worms2d.info/Project_X/Library_file