Project X Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Please WA directory with 100% working PX as zip / rar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:06 am 

Hi Guys,

In the past everything was better. With Windows7, I never had problems setting up the PX Mod. When I finally made it (a few months ago) to set up the PX Mod with Windows10, it came to a number of problems:

- minimizing the game does not work
- after a match the game can not be opened anymore
- I can not host the best schemes like "Highlander 0.99c by raffie" or other HL Schemes (only 0h So "Highlander v2.0_BGravGunObjects" works)
- many errors, mismatches
- fixing individual errors simply does not bring anything

No idea why, but there were difficulties from the beginning. The Steam Community has never been of any help to me either. Does anyone have a full WA directory with 100% working PX lib files, dll, pxs, px schemes?

Please help! Does anyone have a link to download?

PS: Joe Daddy's and buxnaman's links are dead ....
(Oh So Highlander v2.3 (NEW!) (UPDATED!!!) THREAD )

Post subject: Re: Please WA directory with 100% working PX as zip / rar
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 am 

I started seeding again, you should be able to download.

But, for Windows 10, besides uncorrupted libs and schemes, you're going to need to:

1. Install DirectX 9.0c, because Windows 10 has newer DX, but does not have all the files from previous versions. If you try to install from a web installer, it says your DirectX is already updated to the latest version, so use the installer located here.

2. Place additional dll fix for Win8+ into your game directory. You can download the file here, and the original post where StepS shared the link can be found here.

Hope this helps you out, but if you run into any more issues, post here and I might be able to help you out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:10 am 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

IT WORKS!

But, ONE BIG PROBLEM:

All HIghlander Schemes have this error....

Attachments:
20190402_030537.jpg
20190402_030537.jpg [ 242.77 KiB | Viewed 29656 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 am 

I believe it's because some library or, less likely, scheme files got corrupted. Just download again and overwrite any files inside WA\Libs and WA\PXSchemes with good ones. I guess clearing the Cache folder from the two locations wouldn't hurt either.

In the forum topic Oh So Highlander v2.3 (NEW!) (UPDATED!!!), JoeDaddy uploaded a zipped backup of his good libs in the very first post. He also uploaded his whole game folder to make it easier for people struggling to setup Project X, but that link has expired as you've noticed so I'm not sure if the libs backup he uploaded is still valid and available for download.

If not, I've created a torrent of JoeDaddy's original file since the link died, you can download it on The Pirate Bay or directly, using the magnet link magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6ebbf87f2cb20d0c685827e916d058561221236c&dn=Worms+Armageddon+Project+X+Extract+and+Run&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969 - just copy and paste into a browser or a torrent client and overwrite WA\Libs and WA\PXSchemes once downloaded and I will try and seed as much as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 am 

The Oh so Highlander 2.3.zip consists of the PXS file and I have exchanged these. The cache folder was already empty.

The Parkour Scheme, for example, does not work either. And some others. The right classics like CTF, Fow Mole and the very old Scheme function. Also all KTK Schemes work.

All Highlander Schemes and Parkour are not working. If I have found the fault myself, I will report it!

But I gladly accept any help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am 

It's the libs, not the scheme file, that are bad. Libraries are shared among schemes and there are different versions with matching names, the whole system is a mess...

Anyways, download libs from here, with these the HL should be working fine. I'd make a backup of your current Libs folder if I was you, just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:56 pm 

THX, it works!

Only Raf's Highlander Schemes do not work ....
"apporiate function at Schem: wepfix: 419"

I'll go to his homepage and see if I can insert his files separately.

THANK YOU!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:30 pm 

Hey, you're welcome, I am glad to help. For the remaining scheme not working, yeah, I would advise on downloading all the files again, hopefully libraries are not conflicting among the schemes you're trying to play.

Make sure to keep the libs backed up, before overwriting, you might run into more issues later. Maybe not overwrite the libs that are working for all other schemes, but instead figure out which ones are actually different(like comparing file sizes) and renaming them, both on your disk and in the PXS file. You can add _hlraf or whatever to the file name and then edit the list of libs included(LIBRARIES button in the scheme editor) by unchecking the original ones and checking the ones you've added. You'd also need to check any scripts for 'require libname' lines right at the top and make appropriate changes there as well(ex: require libname_hlraf.

My PX coding knowledge is VERY limited, but I've had the luck of a few people here taking their time to show me the ropes, so I'm not completely useless anymore. The error message you mentioned doesn't seem to be complete, you can read it fully in one of the log files in the WA folder. Can't remember which one exactly, but just exit the game after the message, don't play other schemes and sort game folder by date modified, investigate the last few .txt and .log files, you should see it right there at the top. Might be px_errors.txt.

Either way, if you're unable to resolve the issue, message me and I'll try and figure something out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:36 am 

hello, very late here. I have the same exact problem as Daveman and want to downoad the libs, but the link expired and now I need to purchase some premium shit to download. could you reupload the files please? also dropbox or google drive would be better

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 am 

pls, anyone? all download links are dead